Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Absolute kryptonite . What must he have to do to lose his place ? He's done everything possible .

Grealish has one poor game and it's back to the reserves , same goes for Robinson , poor kid can't even get a look in.

Push that fecking boat out Lambert , before we all fecking sink .

Yes he was poor in the opposing third but he's much better than this. I recall seeing him putting in a late challenge on their attacker in our own penalty area. For me, he will play better for a better manager - no doubt!

Yes he was poor in the opposing third but he's much better than this. I recall seeing him putting in a late challenge on their attacker in our own penalty area. For me, he will play better for a better manager - no doubt!

That's nice of him, he's been through a shit ton of managers and still never improved.

It's actually depressing me now more than anything else, knowing I am going to have to watch this clown for 90 minutes guaranteed.

He was actually dropped for the Spurs game...and came straight back into the line up next game as Benteke obviously got sent off.

I wonder how things would've panned out if that didn't happen and we'd held on and beat Spurs regarding him being in the team. We had decent attacking fluency for that first hour aswell.

• Like 1

Well he can run fast..as for being a footballer I'm not so sure. Certainly not worth the money we are paying him. The really sad part? He looked such a prospect when he broke into the first team. It has been backwards since those first couple of seasons. My take is he is way too complacent, he knows he will pretty much always get a game.

Bench him asap.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

He's had much worse games for us than today.

He rolled his man a few times and won corners, ran around a bit and caused a bit of trouble.

Still crap like, but better than Benteke for example today.

Yeah, it doesn't sound like much, because it wasn't much. He was a bit better than he has been, but much in the same way as a slap in the face is better than a punch in the face. How, again, has Lambert not realised he will never be any use to a team playing possession football?

• Like 1

On the whole he does nothing for the cause and he probably sincerely believes that he is doing well, but the bottom line is he is not Premiere League at all!  Perhaps its all the kids he has, but i reckon he should go to Wolves or Walsall.  He's pointless to us as he's never really on the same wave length as the other technically advantaged players.  He does no penetrating runs just here there and everywhere, which is ok for the championship and below, but in the Premier League gets you nothing.  All the other clubs no what he's about and just let him get on with it as his finishing well what finishing!  He proclaims to be Mr Aston Villa well if he loved the club that much he should do the decent thing and find another club, but he wont because of that stupid contract that Mr Big Ears and Humpty Dumpty gave him!!!!

What frustrated me was the one time he did get wide he put in a superb cross! When central - he is good at getting the ball and taking players on he is just poor at knowing what to do next, same with Zog, same in fact with Benteke of late.

He is limited but he has and typically does score some very important goals for us, I agree he doesn't score enough and has never fulfilled his potential but at the moment the criticism for me should be of most of the team, not just him and Cleverly.

Wide left I think Gabby has some impact, or as a lone striker. His current role (whatever in god's name it's supposed to be) leaves him in position where he doesn't seem to know whether to go wide of central and as soon as he has to think... well that's the issue

Edited by VillanousOne

Noticed yesterday he was obviously instructed to play down the left channel to help Aly going forward which was better than recent games. A couple of times he actually managed to get in behind. Why it's taken Lambert so long to get him  doing this is ridiculous. Though, his lack of football brain is just depressing. Should be no where near the first 11 in all honesty. 

Â