Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Went in and looked at his opta stats for yesterday. Do these look good enough for a player who should be playing for Villa.

16 passes 10 competed. 62%

4 heading duals - 2 won 50%

1 shot off target - if you would call it that as he hit the top teir.

2 clearances

2 take ons - 1 won 50 %

Thats it folk. Disgraceful if you ask me.

Captain material if you ask me

Went in and looked at his opta stats for yesterday. Do these look good enough for a player who should be playing for Villa.

16 passes 10 competed. 62%

4 heading duals - 2 won 50%

1 shot off target - if you would call it that as he hit the top teir.

2 clearances

2 take ons - 1 won 50 %

Thats it folk. Disgraceful if you ask me.

Captain material if you ask me

This. Seems to carry far too much influence within the club, with this the case we are always gonna be on to a loser, squad player at absolute (being generous) best. Edited by Mammoth10

Again- he is being asked to do stuff he isn't good at.

1. Playing with his back to goal ( he isn't Heskey )

2. Dropping down short receiving the ball to feet. ( he is not Hazard/ Messi)

I think Gabby played his best football in a 442 beside Carew as a poacher.

He can play wide but doesn't track back well, and costs the odd goal or two if the opposing full back gets forward.

He can play wide but doesn't track back well, and costs the odd goal or two if the opposing full back gets forward.

He certainly isnt a poacher given his goal records. Bent was a poacher. I think its difficult to find what his position is given how bad he plays in every position this past 3 or 4 years.

• Like 2

I know he's inconsistent but our new style of play definately doesn't suit him, especially away from home where his pace can be a factor.  In the second half of the 2012/13 we saw the very best of Gabby when we were more direct and played on the counter using the pace of our front 3. 

• Like 1

Giving 100% effort would be a start.

Good impact player to have in a game which is a bit stretched to utlilise his pace. But in the way Lambert is currently setting up the teams there's really no point in him playing. Weimann would be a better option, has better movement. 

Good impact player to have in a game which is a bit stretched to utlilise his pace. But in the way Lambert is currently setting up the teams there's really no point in him playing. Weimann would be a better option, has better movement.

Weinmann touched the ball once when he came on yesterday, though i agree he is better than our Captain.

I agree, he's awful wide and terrible without someone to do anything technical next to him. however this is modern football and in modern football you can't get away with not being able to pass, shoot, dribble, make runs or read the game.

Hope Lambert just gave Gabby the Bent treatment - Gave him the armband and will now ostracize him and ship him out.

I can't help but have a niggling feeling that Gabby is behind many of the problems we have behind the scenes with the squad, team selection and assistants.

Just speculation of course...

The fact that he has been in the first XI for so long really shows that lack of investment in the club. He's one of those players you'd love to replace with someone better but with no money to spend other areas in the team take priority.

Â