Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I just really struggle to come to terms with the fact that this guy is a professional footballer. Please someone tell me how the hell this came about, because I have felt this way since the moment i clapped eyes on him, not just in the last couple of years.

• Like 2

Didn't matter when he was sent off against Utd because he's a passenger, today was exactly the same. Anyone who defends him is pointing out the occasional good things he does, things every attacking player should offer, one or two good moves a game does not a good player make.

Weimann might be technically stifled with an average pass too but he moves, he offers himself for a pass, he drags defenders out of the way, shoots and makes runs behind the back line. 

Gabby is destroying our attacking potential and making us look drab, he's also clearly frustrating other players. 

The amount of time he is stood watching play or on top of another player is disgusting, I've seen Sunday league players offer more than he does, I don't care that he's considered Mr. Villa he simply can't be near the starting lineup unless he starts contributing, Weimann coming off shows Lambert is clueless in attack, it's a sad state of affairs when this 1 good half every 5 games player is one of the first names on the team sheet.

Just not good enough.

Agree totally, never has been, never will be. How a player can get away with doing so little for so long, and managing to stay a favourite amongst a large percentage of supporters is just simply beyond me.I've said this before but i will say it again just because he claims to be a villan and loves the club so what? every single one of us on here loves the villa, but this doesn't mean we can play for the club.

• Like 1

I just really struggle to come to terms with the fact that this guy is a professional footballer. Please someone tell me how the hell this came about, because I have felt this way since the moment i clapped eyes on him, not just in the last couple of years.

Wow. He's our highest goalscorer in PL History.

He's been playing poor this season, apart from 3/4 games when he was good. But that's always been his problem, consistency. I wouldn't got as OTT as you have there mate.

IMO, we don't utilise Gabby's pace enough.

• Like 1

He's been playing poor this season, apart from 3/4 games when he was good. But that's always been his problem, consistency. I wouldn't got as OTT as you have there mate.

Is he our highest scorer in prem history or did yorke get more? Also, he's our highest scorer with what? 65 goals? In 8 seasons that is pretty pathetic and it is a stat that says more about how shite aston villa are than how good gabby is.

Piss poor team defined by piss poor players.

• Like 1

Is he our highest scorer in prem history or did yorke get more? Also, he's our highest scorer with what? 65 goals? In 8 seasons that is pretty pathetic and it is a stat that says more about how shite aston villa are than how good gabby is.

Piss poor team defined by piss poor players.

With all due respect if i had ever been good enough to have represented Aston Villa FC as a striker in as many games as Gabby has done up this this point, and was still some distance south of being a centurion goalscorer i would be pretty disgusted with myself. Put your hand on your heart and can you honestly say that you think he's capable of notching even 15 goals per season going forward. It's been mentioned on here elsewhere he's cramping our forward play. I'm pretty fed up with him stopping play midway in the opposition half, playing a safe pass inside and waiting for the plaudits. I'd drop him in a heartbeat. I'd get on the phone to Burnley and offer a straight swap for Danny Ings.  

• Like 2

Â