Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

The thing that really bugs me with Gabby and Benteke at the moment is they look like they aren't trying.

We should be pressing and defending from the front forcing errors and gaining possession. He just jogs around like he's training when he should be right on their case. Sure there is an argument players get tired but I'd rather 60 minutes of solid effort. We could then bring on a sub to do the same thing. One thing I cannot fault Weimann for is chasing from the front and pressurising.

Someone mentioned back along that because Weimann pressed we won possession and from that we SCORED A GOAL against Blackpool. 

Edited by villanwesty88

To be fair you could have said the same for a lot of Saturdays. Needs dropping

His last decent game was against Swansea IMO, but my word, he was bad against Liverpool. There were times where Gabby was just strolling around when we were actively attacking, no urgency, no desire.

every time we defend a corner it annoys me that gabby isnt up the pitch to chase a clearance. if hes in the team why dont we just use him for what hes good at? weimann could surely be near the edge of the penalty area ready to bolt as well, hes pretty nippy when he gets going. idk a great deal about tactics, but we just invite pressure on ourselves and eliminate any chance of a counter attack

• Like 2

Id go as far to say that I would rather gabby left, before lambert.

do you know...i'll drink to that.

Although, if Lambert had anything about him....he would make sure it was that way around too.

Edited by TRO

Only Lambert could have Gabby as a nailed on cert in his team. He does not score or assist, what on earth he brings to the table only Lambert knows.

Gabby was at his best under MON with Carew up top, simple play him up top with Benteke as a two if you want to get the best out of him. Same with Wiemann, play him up top with a partner in a two instead of this wank idea of making them wide forwards

every time we defend a corner it annoys me that gabby isnt up the pitch to chase a clearance. if hes in the team why dont we just use him for what hes good at? weimann could surely be near the edge of the penalty area ready to bolt as well, hes pretty nippy when he gets going. idk a great deal about tactics, but we just invite pressure on ourselves and eliminate any chance of a counter attack

been saying that for eons!!!!!!  We never leave any players up the pitch at opposition set pieces!!

Only Lambert could have Gabby as a nailed on cert in his team. He does not score or assist, what on earth he brings to the table only Lambert knows.

Only Lambert (and O'Neill, and MacDonald, and Houllier, and McAllister, and McLeish)

• Like 1

Only Lambert (and O'Neill, and MacDonald, and Houllier, and McAllister, and McLeish)

He wasn't a nailed on starter under Houllier or McAllister.

He wasn't a nailed on starter under Houllier or McAllister.

Well he was injured for a lot of the first half of that season and still made 26 appearances, so I'd suggest he certainly featured heavily.

Â