Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

We supposedly play possession football. This guy can't pass it to save his life. Why is he in the team? Lambert totally bottling it by not dropping him. He's probably the least effective person for this new style. And he was captain as well! I wouldn't be sad if he never played for the club again. 

He was amongst our better players today.

That isn't meant as a compliment to Gabby.

I thought he was his usual shocking self. Playing him is like playing with 10men. We gave him a new contract as well. I support Lambert but playing him every week makes it really hard at times.

We cant score, well start at looking at this guy.

His time is up, ship him out now for goodness sake. Someone please,please tell me what does he do/bring to team apart from being able to run quickly in a straight line??

His pace and excelleration on and off the ball used to cause other teams a headache.  I don't think any team is seriously concerned about him anymore.  He's never been the same since "bulking up" his muscles.  IMO, it was this that was likely to have given him more than the usual amount of injuries over the past 4 years, and being constantly played out of position has contributed to his form steadily declining.  Lambert still must think there's a hope he could recapture his form like he had under MoN.  It's not impossible, but IMO Gabby should go back to the size his body was naturally before and work at improving his play in the role Lambert's giving him. 

Would anyone like to try and defend him after this?  In his only defence he was not alone today.

His performance today was quite possibly the worst I have witnessed in my 45 years as a season ticket holder. He should be ashamed of his application today.

Whilst he is a starter we will continue to struggle. Simply not good enough.

His time is up, ship him out now for goodness sake. Someone please,please tell me what does he do/bring to team apart from being able to run quickly in a straight line??

His pace and excelleration on and off the ball used to cause other teams a headache.  I don't think any team is seriously concerned about him anymore.  He's never been the same since "bulking up" his muscles.  IMO, it was this that was likely to have given him more than the usual amount of injuries over the past 4 years, and being constantly played out of position has contributed to his form steadily declining.  Lambert still must think there's a hope he could recapture his form like he had under MoN.  It's not impossible, but IMO Gabby should go back to the size his body was naturally before and work at improving his play in the role Lambert's giving him. 

Never going to happen, although he is still capable of running quite fast, he will never be as quick as he used to be, and this I'm afraid is all he ever had to offer. Simply got to be dropped immediately, he is not good enough in my humble opinion to represent ASTON VILLA. I suggested a while back that a straight swap with Burnley for Danny Ings might be worth a shout, as if they'd want to do this now! Boy are we stuck with him.

Oh dear he was awful today. Frankly he has been coasting for about 18 months and someone should tell him  that to his face. Raise his game, or get shipped out- no matter if you think you are Mr Aston Villa. Once he gets to about 32 and the pace goes, he will be a barely a championship player.

Went in and looked at his opta stats for yesterday. Do these look good enough for a player who should be playing for Villa.

16 passes 10 competed. 62%

4 heading duals - 2 won 50%

1 shot off target - if you would call it that as he hit the top teir.

2 clearances

2 take ons - 1 won 50 %

Thats it folk. Disgraceful if you ask me.

• Like 1

Went in and looked at his opta stats for yesterday. Do these look good enough for a player who should be playing for Villa.

16 passes 10 competed. 62%

4 heading duals - 2 won 50%

1 shot off target - if you would call it that as he hit the top teir.

2 clearances

2 take ons - 1 won 50 %

Thats it folk. Disgraceful if you ask me.

Just to add to that, joe Cole who was playing similar position had

39 out of 45 passes successful

Â