coda

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I thought Arsenal held that title

Yes, remind me how the last leftover, unwanted player from Arsenal seems to be turning out for us? 🙂

mind boggling that we wouldn't want to take decent players from Chelsea, because..... Chelsea don't want them...... Hmmmmmmm......

Edited by TheStagMan

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

Chelsea, just another one of those Clubs who think they have a divine right to rule. Hope Lampard goes on to rub their noses in it.

would be shocked if Lampard gets a club as big as Chelsea again. He will probably get one more crack at a midtable club before he disappears into punditry

6 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Would happily swap Lampard for Southgate 

Only thing Lampard has on Southgate is time really. Southgate's career started similarly. Given the Boro job with no experience, being a former player.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Abraham is a 30-40 million signing.

You don't spend that type of money because Watkins may pick up an injury. Pretty sure Tammy wouldn't accept playing second string either.

This signing simply will not happen. Nor should it.

You do if you have serious ambitions to regularly break into the top 6 party. Playing in Europe and hoping for a decent cup run or two results in about 15-20 more games than our current workload. You can't just rely on one quality striker. I am really pleased that Watkins has settled in and is doing well but you have to beef up the squad if you want to continue to improve.

Come the summer if there is any chance to sign Tammy for a reasonable fee of less than 40 mil I would take it in a heartbeat.  Would add something different to the team.

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Really hope this only make their season worse.

Me too, one bad spell and he's sacked. if our board was like theres Smith would have gone last season. 

Edited by PaulC

The good thing for Lampard here is that he still has the love and respect of the fans. Nobody wanted to see him gone as far as I can see. He remains a Chelsea legend. 

He can now rest up and get another managerial job a few months down the line. He will easily land another job on the Premier League or the Championship definitely. Not that I see him dropping a division again. 

I can see Tuchel falling flat on his arse at Chelsea. 

At the start of the season people were talking about Chelsea as title challengers, and certainly there was a feeling that they had to improve on the last few seasons after the money they spent in the summer. They're currently nineth in the table, below the likes of Us, West Ham and Everton, doesn't really surprise me at all that they've sacked him, in fact I was half expecting them to do it after last season.

Sarri did better, and was treated worse, but can't recall any massive outpouring of sympathy for him when he was fired.

• Like 3

Pretty cutthroat stuff from RA. Club legend, very new to management, you'd think they'd give him at least two full seasons. Frank will likely feel somewhat betrayed.

He should have stayed with Derby or gone to another lower division club to better cut his teeth before making the jump to the Prem. John Terry is doing it the smart way.

• Like 1

Can't believe he's getting sympathy. They've gone out and bought a bunch of players they didn't need, in positions they had already had quality in and they've been mostly crap all year.

Unbelievable job Frank

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

He didn't do that great of a job at Derby, finished sixth, the same position and with less points than Rowett did the season before, and Rowett didn't have the likes of Harry Wilson, Tomori, or Mason Mount available. I think Chelsea are the only premier league side that would have even considered giving him a job at that point, but now he's had that experience he might get another chance, but doubt it will be with one of the top teams, might end up somewhere like Brighton or Newcastle, or maybe even England manager.

22 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Lol. Nice guy, completely out of his depth. Should have been an assistant manager for a few years before the big job. Wasnt ready.

They needed a senior guy next to him as an assistant but brought in his mates for the coaching team who were inexperienced

Â