coda

They brought lampard in to do one thing (promote youth) and then went and did somethibg else (buy superstars) it's hard to have sympathy for his struggles because everyone wishes they could have had the transfer window they just had

Thing is you can understand why lampard would have success promoting young English guys to the 1st team and successfully managing a squad full of superstars is underrated 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The balance is awful. 

Kante is one of the best DMs in the world yet is played out of position to accommodate the Italian Ashley Westwood. Also why buy Werner to play him out wide when his success came from playing CF?

Reminds me of the england side Lampard played in with players just shoehorned in.

• Like 2

They're still got loads of good players. Think they need Ziyech fit as he provides a bit more creativity along the forward line rather than just busy pacey players.

Does feel Lampard won't be the one to maximise that potential though. If they had Conte or even this version of Mourinho I suspect they'd win the league this season.

They were woefully predictable today, was get the wall wide and try aim for Giroud. Which is bread and butter stuff for Konsa, Hause and Emi. They have players to vary the play but seems that was the instructions

I think Chelsea will get rid of Lampard before the fans are allowed to return

43 minutes ago, penguin said:

The balance is awful. 

Kante is one of the best DMs in the world yet is played out of position to accommodate the Italian Ashley Westwood. Also why buy Werner to play him out wide when his success came from playing CF?

Reminds me of the england side Lampard played in with players just shoehorned in.

I’ll never understand the Kante thing. It would be like playing Aguero at centre half.

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

They were woefully predictable today, was get the wall wide and try aim for Giroud. Which is bread and butter stuff for Konsa, Hause and Emi. They have players to vary the play but seems that was the instructions

I think Chelsea will get rid of Lampard before the fans are allowed to return

Bread and butter stuff that we conceded from.

I always thought he was given way too much credit for his season at Derby. Yes they got to a playoff final, and yes they have fell off a cliff since, but he had a bloody good squad at the time. Guys like Mount, Wilson, Tomori, all very good young players that were obviously going to bust a gut for someone they would have grown up idolising. 

The only reason he got the job was because of his Chelsea connection and his work with Chelsea's young players at a time when they couldn't sign anyone. 

As soon as the ban was up he's been like a little kid in sweet shop, the trouble is those kids invariably quickly realise that their eyes are bigger than their bellies and they end up sick. Frank is the same, he's got too many players all wanting to start and he still hasn't got a clue what his best 11 is.

Club legend or not, I think he's soon going to realise that (like Wilder) that when you start digging players out in public they stop playing for you. The pressure is beginning to show and some of his post match interviews are making him look like a tit.

His club status I think will ensure he gets to see this season out, but there is no way he'll still be manager this time next year. 

I think that while Lampard is out of his depth, I don't know how much influence he has on transfers. Which by the way imo have been absolutely crazy. It feels like they signed 4 attacking midfielders/wingers and still have Mount and CHO from the academy and Pulisic from 2 years ago

59 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I think that while Lampard is out of his depth, I don't know how much influence he has on transfers. Which by the way imo have been absolutely crazy. It feels like they signed 4 attacking midfielders/wingers and still have Mount and CHO from the academy and Pulisic from 2 years ago

Marina Granovskaia is more or less all powerful at Chelsea in regards to transfer dealings by most reports.

• Like 1

Â