coda

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I thought on the whole he did o.k last season but he will now be judged properly as a Chelsea manager after their huge summer spend.

Chelsea teams that are miles off title challenges and don't win a cup don't usually give their managers 2-3 years to build things so Lampard will be under threat if they're just battling to get 4th.

I think he will be gone by November, Roman will expect big things with the money spent,  and he can’t hide behind the transfer embargo this year, They where terrible going forward tonight despite scoring 3 goals.And horrendous defensively 

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, penguin said:

Hudson-Odoi I just don’t get it. Has he done anything to justify his hype?

Don’t think I’ve seen him have even a good game. 

The ruptured achilles tendon injury he had did have an affect on him, he looked a serious prospect before it. When Pulisic is fit he probably won't get much game time.

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Bwahaha mason mount misses the vital penalty and Chelsea go out.

i bet Southgate is crying his eyes out! 

"That was a poor miss from Jack Grealish. Will likely come into my thinking when picking the next squad."

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I think Chelsea could challenge Liverpool and Man C for the title this season. I know they are inconsistent but they have enough quality in the squad now. 

I agree, I think the one advantage that Liverpool had over them (and city too tbh) was VVD and now he's out. Each defense looks way more suspect now which was IMO Chelsea's biggest weakness

• 1 month later...
On 26/09/2020 at 22:16, gwi1890 said:

I think he will be gone by November, Roman will expect big things with the money spent,  and he can’t hide behind the transfer embargo this year, They where terrible going forward tonight despite scoring 3 goals.And horrendous defensively 

Still there but I think we can all see the way the wind is blowing on this one. Think once Atletico Madrid knock them out in CL he'll be under massive pressure finally from the press.

Allegri to Chelsea feels a stick on at some point in next 18 months as they've had a fair few Italian managers under Abramovich.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

On 31/10/2020 at 22:28, PaulC said:

I think Chelsea could challenge Liverpool and Man C for the title this season. I know they are inconsistent but they have enough quality in the squad now. 

I think they've the quality but I don't think they will be close to the title, too inconsistent and I'm not sure they've got the balance right in the team yet. It seems quite a lot of their fans aren't convinced by Lampard at the moment and three defeats on the spin away won't have helped.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I think they've the quality but I don't think they will be close to the title, too inconsistent and I'm not sure they've got the balance right in the team yet. It seems quite a lot of their fans aren't convinced by Lampard at the moment and three defeats on the spin away won't have helped.

I wrote that before their run of three straight defeats so I dont think they will but they will be top 4. 

Â