coda

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They didn't look great defensively to me on Saturday. 

No they didn't 

And still conceded 0

That old cliche... And Lukaku will win them tougher games than vs us 

City are still the team to beat imo but Chelsea winning the league can't constitute a shock for a anyone, there's no magical narrative behind them doing it, spent an absurd amount last summer and £100m on one player this summer 

• Like 1

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

No they didn't 

And still conceded 0

City are still the team to beat imo but Chelsea winning the league can't constitute a shock for a anyone, there's no magical narrative behind them doing it, spent an absurd amount last summer and £100m on one player this summer 

Yeah they have best spine in the league imo with Thiago Silva-Kante- Jorginho-Lukaku with many threats out wide aswell. Favourites for league I'd say and actually can't wait until they roll over Man. United with Fred/Matic passing them the ball every two minutes and Ronaldo having about three touches in the box all game.

If Lampard was still there they'd probably be on about six points now e.g. loss to Liverpool and draw v us so shows difference Tuchel has made.

• Like 1

Isn’t it odd how the media are jizzing all over Lukaku? like him going to Italy has made him the striker he is today? He was good at Everton when Chelsea didn’t want him, he was good at Utd when they were relatively crap… but now he’s gone away and come back they’re losing their shit over him. 

• Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Isn’t it odd how the media are jizzing all over Lukaku? like him going to Italy has made him the striker he is today? He was good at Everton when Chelsea didn’t want him, he was good at Utd when they were relatively crap… but now he’s gone away and come back they’re losing their shit over him. 

Its a bit ridiculous but I think in his last months at United he lost his drive and looked to gain weight. Move to Inter and Conte made him the star player and he thrived and is a lot fitter now

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its a bit ridiculous but I think in his last months at United he lost his drive and looked to gain weight. Move to Inter and Conte made him the star player and he thrived and is a lot fitter now

Yeah, Conte is a real stickler for the fitness, hence why Ashley Young was getting in that side. I just find it odd that the media think that Lukaku wasn’t really ‘worthy’ of the great Chelsea before now… but that’s the media for you, always full of shite

41 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don't see any difference in him from the United days.

The only difference is he is playing in a system that gets the most out of his qualities.

On 13/09/2021 at 20:17, villa4europe said:

No they didn't 

And still conceded 0

Lukaku will win Chelsea games they don't deserve to win. They don't concede goals, he will score them. 

Man City will draw games they deserve to win by not having a striker. 

Chelsea the team to beat for me. 

• Like 1

Lukaku looks more a finished article now than he did at Utd. He’s still got a god awful first touch but he’s better now at focussing in what he does best- I.e finishing off moves- rather than trying to get involved in the build up where he doesn’t add any value. He’s the type of player who ironically probably plays better when he only gets 20 touches a game vs when he has over 100 

13 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Lukaku will win Chelsea games they don't deserve to win. They don't concede goals, he will score them. 

Man City will draw games they deserve to win by not having a striker. 

Chelsea the team to beat for me. 

Lukaku doesn't score goals against the big teams that should be the worry.

At United I think he had 1 or 2 goals against the top 6 in total or something like that.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

At United I think he had 1 or 2 goals against the top 6 in total or something like that.

He does score against big teams. 

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

25 league goals vs the Sky 6 and Leicester. 7 vs Milan and Juventus

Only big team he struggled to score was Juventus

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

25 league goals vs the Sky 6 and Leicester. 7 vs Milan and Juventus

Only big team he struggled to score was Juventus

If you can even count Arsenal these days he has 3 goals in 16 appearances against them.

1 goal in 10 against Chelsea

3 in 11 against Man Utd

4 goals in 14 against Man City

1 in 12 against Spurs

5 in 11 against Liverpool

Doesn't sound elite to me.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If you can even count Arsenal these days he has 3 goals in 16 appearances against them.

1 goal in 10 against Chelsea

3 in 11 against Man Utd

4 goals in 14 against Man City

1 in 12 against Spurs

5 in 11 against Liverpool

Doesn't sound elite to me.

He has 3 against Chelsea, 5 vs City, 5 vs Liverpool and 4 against Arsenal

He also played about 70 percent of them games for Everton and West Brom

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has 3 against Chelsea, 5 vs City, 5 vs Liverpool and 4 against Arsenal

He also played about 70 percent of them games for Everton and West Brom

In his time at United his record against the big clubs was abysmal. 

Recently against Liverpool he was appalling. 

Flat track bully. 

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

In his time at United his record against the big clubs was abysmal. 

Recently against Liverpool he was appalling. 

Flat track bully. 

playing under Mourinho then your favourite manager Ole dropped him. still scored twice away to PSG

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

With the huge focus on head injuries and the impact of them, to see a Chelsea player fake a head injury to waste time, and then instantaneously recover with the help of docto- I mean, his teammates when it meant he'd need to go off, was **** disgusting.

Second time I've seen that happen in the last 2-3 weeks, and it's just so incredibly disappointing that players are willing to sink to such depths we might need to weigh up the cost of protecting genuine head injuries vs discouraging this kind of cheating.

Â