Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

No Aston Villa offer says Marc Albrighton

The winger signed for Leicester on a four-year contract last month after being allowed to leave.

Boss Paul Lambert had previously said Villa were confident of sealing a deal – but Albrighton insists he didn’t get an offer.

“Having been at Villa for 16 years it’s going to be weird and strange to make that change, but it was a decision made by the club,” he said.

“They said they didn’t want my services any more but I don’t hold anything against them.

“I wasn’t expecting a massive bumper deal from Villa but, if I’m honest, I was expecting something.”

Like I said before there was never anything offered, even though Lambert wanted him to stay. I think it could turn out to be a stupid mistake.

If I remember what Trent said correctly and apologies if not.

Didnt a discussion take place probably with agent and after

club was told how much he was after club decided they didn't want to pay that much. So technically an official offer wasn't made but very hard to believe the club wouldn't have at least seen what terms he wanted

• Like 1

My cousin saw Marc in Ibiza over the weekend, and he confirmed that Lambert didn't fancy him so that was why no contract was offered. He said he was gutted to be leaving, but was glad that he'd been able to stay in the Prem as he feared he may have to drop down to the Championship.

Really nice lad apparently.

• 10 months later...

I was behind him at New Street Station this morning waiting to get on the train. Didn't say anything to him though.

Looked like he was trying to keep his head down.

Edited by PieFacE

saw him outside of VP before QPR and I asked him how life was outside of Aston Villa

He simply replied 'not great'.

I feel sorry for him, he was more than decent for us

Wow, so he still comes down often then? Top lad.

Watched him as a youth, always thought he had the talent to make it but alas I think he came up short in the long term. He may not be enjoying it too much right now but I think a drop to the championship will be his level and he will forge a good career there. Might even make it back.

I saw him a couple of years ago getting off at Finsbury Park station when we played Arsenal away.

It's good to see ex players coming back and watching us from time to time. Good lad. Hope Leicester stay up....as long as it's not at our expense.

saw him outside of VP before QPR and I asked him how life was outside of Aston Villa

He simply replied 'not great'.

I feel sorry for him, he was more than decent for us

Can't really feel sorry for someone being paid £40,000 a week to play football in the premier league.
  • Like 1

Â