Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Personally i hate him. Strong words i know but i really do! He is so average it is a joke how much some fans big him up. He is slow for a winger. He's crossing and corners are wayward most of the time and rarely a threat. The way i see it is we rave about these average youth players to make us less likely to doubt our average youth scheme. If albrighton played for bolton, fulham, sunderland even blues would villa fans really want us to spend money to buy him? Is he better than charlie z? No in my opinion. I know people will say he is young and will develop, if he is all that then he would be capable at any age. Good players can play and he cant. He is another moore brothers, vassell, whittington, osboune, byfield,c gardner the list goes on for average players we have produced! He shiuld be no where near our first team ever!

Personally i hate him. Strong words i know but i really do! He is so average it is a joke how much some fans big him up. He is slow for a winger. He's crossing and corners are wayward most of the time and rarely a threat. The way i see it is we rave about these average youth players to make us less likely to doubt our average youth scheme. If albrighton played for bolton, fulham, sunderland even blues would villa fans really want us to spend money to buy him? Is he better than charlie z? No in my opinion. I know people will say he is young and will develop, if he is all that then he would be capable at any age. Good players can play and he cant. He is another moore brothers, vassell, whittington, osboune, byfield,c gardner the list goes on for average players we have produced! He shiuld be no where near our first team ever!

When did Dick Whittington play pro football?

Yeah i did cos i still hate him. He is takibg the place of a proper footballer. The only reason he plays is cos he is local and loves the club. So do i can my fst arse play then? No and neither should big nose play.

Dick. Taken the place of who exactly?

Has done more than N'Zogbia this season and probably Bannan too. I'd concur with Pompey he must have shagged your sister or something.

By done more you mean ran around a lot. I wish that was all it took. I have slagging him off after rvery game. Is it a coincidence that bent is playing poorly since the service is coming from albrighton and gabby rather tham young and downing? No one seems to have answered my question.... would you pay money to buy albrighton from another team?

He is not a classy crosser, one good ball out of thirty is that a good return. No wonder bent is off it he doesnt know what is coming into the box.

Zoggy is better going forward by miles just cos he doesnt run around a lot not really doing anything doesnt make him worse.

My biggest problem is we are happy to settle with grade d players to replace grade b/grade a players in young milner and downing. We are going bacwards if we are happy with what albrighton brings to the team.

Incredible opening post. Think another poster summed it up: we're Aston Villa. Marc Albrighton gives 100% and I'd rather watch that than someone who lets the head go. He is young and with a bit of luck, there is a little more to come from him. I actually wouldn't mind players like Peter Whittingham back for the squad. Man Utd have done it for years mixing very average players with brilliant players. Some have even been made to look useful.

Personally think you're picking on the wrong person here though mate. We have much bigger problems.

Well I don't think Albrighton was ever going to be as good as Ashley Young, Stewart Downing or James Milner, no, but he would be very decent back up for them. Okay he's had more regular first team football thrust upon him by the financial re-structuring and player sales, but to say you hate him is very strong.

I actually think he'd benefit more from playing in a team who play more with the ball on the deck than in the air, as slide rule passes in behind are where he does his best work.

He isn't that bad but give me N'Zog or Bannan anyday over him. We should play with Ireland, Bannan and N'Zog actually 3 players that at least have elements of a footballing brain.

Marc was woeful today I think Mcleish was scared to take him off in case he got stick from the crowd again.

Our home grown players always get an easy ride compared to the others from the fans.

I find it impossible to imagine how anyone could "hate" Marc Albrighton. He strikes me as a very decent, grounded sort of bloke, who loves Villa, works hard to improve his game and wouldn't say a cross word to anyone ever.

He still has some flaws to his game but he has shown us enough this season to make it worth sticking with him and supporting him in his own ambition to play regularly for the Villa and improve his game.

Hatred is such an ugly emotion. I urge you to desist.

He should have been taken off today. He was the worst player on the pitch even worse than Warnock who got booed. His crossing was poor, he only got past the first man once, the free kicks he took went straight to the keeper his corners were lofted balls into the box. When Keane broke away at the end he was crying out for Albrighton to pull wide to stretch the defence and he ran inside blocked up the space and Keane had to stop and pass backwards. N'Zogbia is the better winger and should have come on for him

Â