Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

saw him outside of VP before QPR and I asked him how life was outside of Aston Villa

He simply replied 'not great'.

I feel sorry for him, he was more than decent for us

Can't really feel sorry for someone being paid £40,000 a week to play football in the premier league.

I feel sorry for someone who is Villa through & through yet couldnt stay involved due to Lambert's silly decision. His dream must have been to play for us.

Hence, I feel sorry for him,

• Like 4

saw him outside of VP before QPR and I asked him how life was outside of Aston Villa

Can't really feel sorry for someone being paid £40,000 a week to play football in the premier league.

I feel sorry for someone who is Villa through & through yet couldnt stay involved due to Lambert's silly decision. His dream must have been to play for us.

This

The lad is having to make a career doing something he loves...

However, he was doing something he loves for the club he loves the most, and some other tossers decision took it from him.

Ok, he gets paid a lot of money; but I reckon he would have played for us for less money than Leicester were offering... He doesn't strike me as a mercenary...

He is a genuine Villa fan but he couldn't refuse the Leicester deal.

Did we even offer him a deal?

If I remember correctly we were going to offer him a deal, but Leicester came in with a 35k week deal and he took it immediately as he should have. 

This

However, he was doing something he loves for the club he loves the most, and some other tossers decision took it from him.

Ok, he gets paid a lot of money; but I reckon he would have played for us for less money than Leicester were offering... He doesn't strike me as a mercenary...

Unfortunately you appear to have missed out the fact that Albrighton was injured for a large part of Lamberts reign here, sent him out on loan to get him fit then had him in the team or on the bench when he was fit for the final bit of last season.

It wasn't lamberts fault he left, he was injury prone and had hardly kicked a ball for us in 2 years when Leicester offered him a very lucrative contract and one I don't blame us for not matching.

Edit - lambert also said on numerous occasions the club were discussing a new deal with his agent and he had a future here, so the argument that he would have stayed for less money doesnt stick really

Edited by Jimzk5

He is a genuine Villa fan but he couldn't refuse the Leicester deal.

Did we even offer him a deal?

If I remember correctly we were going to offer him a deal, but Leicester came in with a 35k week deal and he took it immediately as he should have. 

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.......

He's hardly figured for Leceister.......why is he such a great loss for us.....

That said if you points for smashing the ball against the opposition defender wed be CL by now.....

Not up to it at this level .....ok he may have the odd good game here and there .....but no real loss IMO

I don't feel sorry for him, he was treated almost as if he was some god by some fans despite having done the grand sum of **** all in his career. He is not very good and gets paid a ludicrous amount of money to very rarely play football, why feel sorry, cause he's a Villa fan? It was my dream to play for Villa when I was growing up but it didn't happen, feel sorry for me?

I don't have anything against the guy and hope he has a decent career, he seemed to put in tonnes of effort when he played, but the fact is he's a winger that isn't very fast, doesn't score, can't beat a full back with skill and his crosses always looked fancy but never got past the first man.

If we could've got him to stay for between £10k-20k pw, I wouldn't have minded, but lets be honest, Lambert not giving Albrighton £30k+ pw is probably one of the wisest decisions he made at the club!

This

Wow, genuinely shocked by this.

You feel sorry because he doesn't get to play football for millions of pounds for his favourite club, but instead plays football for the club 25 minutes down the road for millions of pounds instead.

That is putting aside the fact that apart from some promise when he first broke into the team he's done nothing at all in his career to date. I think he's one of the luckiest young men in the country.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah if Albrighton can't blag a ticket from someone with all his contacts what hope for the rest of us!!! Got mine sorted though so good luck everyone.

Â