Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Non of those billionaires are a slightly better than average footballer.

In a 15 year career on £20k per week Alby will make a basic wage of approx £14.4million, that's BASIC, then you get add-ons, bonuses, various sponsorship payments. I'd settle for that at my local boyhood club.

Don't forget about the tax they will be paying out of that wage.

I think it's sometimes easy as fans to forget that for players it's a job and I doubt that many of us would turn down a job offer which doubled our salaries, had better opportunities and offered more security. 

I don't blame Albrighton, but I do think Leicester are crazy for offering him that contract.

He isn't worth what they are paying him, I'd rather let him go and put the 20k he was on towards Barry coming home. The one thing that does bother me is how we will compete (as we are) if players like Marc can get 40k.

Any delay in this takeover is bad news. We have to get Lescott and Barry in NOW..but this is for another thread.

A mere £5000 a week sounds alright to me.

Since you love the club, how about we go lower. Would you get out of bed for training for £500 per week? If we brought in Jurgen Klopp?

I guess for some the ideal wage for Albrighton to earn is about the same amount as they earn.

The point is though that would be extremely unfair on the players because their career lasts about 15 years at best and involves a high degree of risk (career ending injury).

It is right that they earn vastly higher sums per week than regular workers because their career is high-risk and condensed into so few years.

A mere £5000 a week sounds alright to me.

Since you love the club, how about we go lower. Would you get out of bed for training for £500 per week? If we brought in Jurgen Klopp?

I guess for some the ideal wage for Albrighton to earn is about the same amount as they earn.

The point is though that would be extremely unfair on the players because their career lasts about 15 years at best and involves a high degree of risk (career ending injury).

It is right that they earn vastly higher sums per week than regular workers because their career is high-risk and condensed into so few years.

#yesallaveragewingers

The question is whether he can be replaced for the £5.5m he would've cost on 35k over 3 years. Assuming we spent £3m on a replacement's fee, that'd give us about £18k a week for wages.

I'm not sure that buys any better than we had with Marc

He should have started more games.I thought he was one of our better players TBF.

With Lambert in charge he will probably get replaced with a cheapie from a lower division.

I think we were planning to replaces him anyway, I mean he would've been squad player so the club might thought 40k for a squad players isn't that worth. So the 5.5m isn't really that accurate because he was going to be replaced anyway (And that if we were playing 442 which we usually don't).

Saying that doesn't mean that I agree with letting him leave, Atleast not until we know where the club is going exacly.

In terms of careers football has a short one. If I was a footballer and my choice was key player at a prem club or usually sub's bench for villa then I'd choose playing. Add on more money and its an easy choice to make.

• 2 weeks later...

No Aston Villa offer says Marc Albrighton

The winger signed for Leicester on a four-year contract last month after being allowed to leave.

Boss Paul Lambert had previously said Villa were confident of sealing a deal – but Albrighton insists he didn’t get an offer.

“Having been at Villa for 16 years it’s going to be weird and strange to make that change, but it was a decision made by the club,” he said.

“They said they didn’t want my services any more but I don’t hold anything against them.

“I wasn’t expecting a massive bumper deal from Villa but, if I’m honest, I was expecting something.”
Edited by packoman

Yeah, because he was wank for 85% of his time here.

which is really not true since he was professional 4 full seasons in a terrible team and was arguably player of season in 1st season and had decent spells in between. that's not including his previous 12 seasons in youth team in which he was obviously decent.

but yeah 85% of the time

Â