Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

....Don't you just hate it when a player is encouraged to leave.....then he just "tears it up" for another club.

We have had some dumbo's ( coaches) at BMH

He was a good player for us, developing nicely but not the finished product. He crossed well and always gave 100%. Whoever he plays for he won't make the English team but will still trouser £10 million in his career, Bon chance,

Gives 100% but doesnt offer much else for me

Except an exceptional ability to cross the ball

Really ? ive never thought that to be honest.. i wouldnt even say he was anywhere near on of the best crossers of the ball at Villa in the last 10 years.

The game is all about opinions though !

Edited by leighavfc

When he got a run under lambert just before his contract ran out he was very good I thought, he had a high key pass average, was beating his man a lot and putting great crosses into the box. The main problem was Benteke and Kozak were both injured at the time and all he had to aim at for the most part was Gabby and Weimann.

Yeah i agree bunnski he was good in the last few months before his contract ended... but even then i often thought great effort and never give up atitude but no end product.

Of course having a big man in there might have made me see it in a different light because one of them may have got on the end of it but i have always thought he has a really poor technique of crossing. I really wish he made it a villa as i liked the lad and obviously being one of us would make it even sweeter but i am of the opinion we did the right thing letting him go.

Edited by leighavfc

• 2 months later...

Even if he was here we wouldn't be getting this Albrighton.

He would be shit, misused, low on confidence like all our other players.

I agree and I said it before, he was at Villa so long he needed a bit of a shot in the arm to really kick on and leaving for Leicester gave him that. 

If he took a contract offer from us he wouldn't have come out of the comfort zone and be really put a shift in. 

Gabby I suspect could really do with a similar move.

• Like 1

Â