Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

delfouneso...osbourne...

going OT, next gen final - 

Chelsea - Beeney, Christiensen, Davey, Pappoe, Wright, Ake, Kiwomya, Loftus-Cheek, Feruz, Baker, Boga (subs) Killip, Dabo, Conroy, T Musonda, Swift, Colkett, hunte

Villa - Watkins, Webb, Kinsella, Calder, Donacien, Lewis, Barton, Carruthers, Robinson, Burke, Grealish (subs) Bateman, Grant, Toner, Crooks, Lyden, Abdo, Crowley

by my quick guessing 1 of them has kicked a premier league ball for chelsea (loftus-cheek) ake is on loan at watford, 4 of them have kicked a ball for villa (carruthers, robinson, grealish, lyden)

its been nearly 3 years since that final, those 36 players have 60 PL appearances between them, grealish is half of those

On 01/03/2016 at 12:12, rodders0223 said:

Even Craig Gardner looks appealing at this point

Yes it was a fantastic freekick last night. Gardner has had a decent career. Definately better than what we have now in midfield

• Like 1

We should be playing the younger Gardner instead of constantly sending him on loan and watching him do very well. 

I think Lambert really messed things up by not play the U-21 guys. Bannan got his chance and was pretty shit, so I don't really care that he is doing well 2 divisions down now, but Johnson, Graham, and even Albrighton to an extent never really got a chance. I remember a match where Albrighton was our best player, and Lambert subbed him off at the 60th minute. Marc was the only player that looked like he would create a goal, but he was taken off. The fans responded by chanting You don't know what you're doing, which basically summed up Lambert's tactics. 

• Like 4

Lambert had no faith in our youth system and bizarrely tried sign young and hungry players like Westwood, Bowery, Sylla and Bennett from elsewhere. While probably all would not have been a success the money we saved by playing players like Lichaj, Johnson etc would have been worth it to sign better players

even though we cant fault the coaches for the hard work they do at the academy, they are however to blame for not producing the stars that we should be seeing from the youth team

maybe its a time for academy coaches as well as directors

8 hours ago, AndyBM said:

even though we cant fault the coaches for the hard work they do at the academy, they are however to blame for not producing the stars that we should be seeing from the youth team

maybe its a time for academy coaches as well as directors

is it really the academy fault that we produce solid top flight players like Albrighton, Cahill, Davis, Gabby or Gardner and dont get best out of them

when you've had 5 managers in the last 6 years what chance does your academy stand? this dream that your youngsters play the same system as the 1st team...er...

yoof football seems like a mystery to me, you're always forecasting, the national team is even worse than the proper level for picking the big teams players, the hype, the expectation, we pay a man a lot of money to decide that knight is better than cahill...

ive never seen albrighton written up in any way shape or form and i mean sat watching him now thinking england, he doesnt get a sniff, hes even leicesters forgotten man, starts 9/10 games, when was the last time you saw any kind of article about him?

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

is it really the academy fault that we produce solid top flight players like Albrighton, Cahill, Davis, Gabby or Gardner and dont get best out of them

but still none of those players were of 'international' quality, gabby and cahill only had flashes of what they could achieve, ok maybe cahill excelled a little more going to chelsea but it was chelsea coaches that made him better.

Â