Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

23 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Just came to post the same thing.

I wonder why people would put an angel on top of their tree.

Bloody Christians coming over here stealing proper pagan festivals. You have to sacrifice a tree or spring won't happen.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2019 at 12:12, tonyh29 said:

I saw "Jet" the other year at  a festival in Madrid ..they were pretty darn good  , though it was 4am and I'd been on the sauce since breakfast about 20 hours earlier so in reality they may well have been a pub band and my dulled senses did the rest

I saw jet play the barfly on some mtv thing, its out there on YouTube etc, front row maybe 500 people there, the view supporting, people just walking around before and after the gig, chatted to them in the car park after, they got some beers off the bus, they were heading out for a European tour the next day but he **** his voice and cancelled the first couple of shows, really nice guys, they had 3 or 4 great songs but the albums were bang average 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, useless said:

I sometimes stare at a Christmas tree and wonder what it would be like to shrink down to the size of a penny and fly around it, weaving in and out of the branches, gliding past the lights, swerving around baubles, and shooting up past the angel crowning the tree's top.

Post of the decade.

Image result for dreaming gif"

18 hours ago, useless said:

I sometimes stare at a Christmas tree and wonder what it would be like to shrink down to the size of a penny and fly around it, weaving in and out of the branches, gliding past the lights, swerving around baubles, and shooting up past the angel crowning the tree's top.

Yeah man, acid does that to you.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching some of Bear Grylls TV shows where he takes a special celebrity guest on an adventure through the wilderness and when they do things like rappel down a 250 foot cliff, or walk on a tightrope across crocodile waters, or climb a ladder dangling from an helicopter, I think 'I couldn't do that, I'm getting nervous just watching it', 'these celebrities are so much braver than me good on them'. But then I though what if Bear was to wake up and he suddenly found that he coud fly, most people would be quite happy, but for him would it take some of the sense of adventure out of his rock climbing/ outdoor pursuits, I mean would he feel a bit silly abseiling down a cliff face if he knew he could just float down. Suddenly traversing across tricky terrain would be like going for a walk and the challenge would be taken out of it.

• Like 1

On 06/12/2019 at 04:56, useless said:

Surely there must be a video game somewhere that comes close to that ?!

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, useless said:

Are sweet potatoes healthier than normal potatoes.

They're both healthy foods. As far as I can tell, the only reason potatoes are excluded from being one of your X a day is so morons don't think chips and crisps count as a portion of veg.

Edited by Davkaus

Just channel hopping before bed, and that strange dating show show was on where they all get naked and reveal a bit of body at a time.

WTF makes anyone want to show their cocks and clunges on national TV?

The young bloke contestant didn't do very well, although he dodged a bullet by not picking the post-op transexual.

It's cringeworthy...but we couldn't stop watching . Car crash TV at its finest :crylaugh:

8 hours ago, Genie said:

As Prince Philip looks like he’s on his last days/weeks, will there be much fanfare, fuss, national days of mourning when he goes?

I imagine there will be a fair amount of fuss. I remember how much there was when the Queen Mother died, at he's at least as important as her. Obviously nothing compared to when Liz pops it though.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Xela said:

If you could legally end your life in a clinic in the UK, how popular do you think it would be? 

Very. If I end up with some horrible shit like Alzheimers or MND, I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

• Like 2

Just wondering, has there ever been an instance of anyone using the odd word "humbled" of themselves,  as in "I am humbled by...", where the writer isn't a total arse who is trying to draw attention to some trivial achievement or a bigging-up by some utter ballbag, ie not"humbled" at all, but trying to project their imagined magnificence across whatever platform is available?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, peterms said:

Just wondering, has there ever been an instance of anyone using the odd word "humbled" of themselves,  as in "I am humbled by...", where the writer isn't a total arse who is trying to draw attention to some trivial achievement or a bigging-up by some utter ballbag, ie not"humbled" at all, but trying to project their imagined magnificence across whatever platform is available?

The #humblebrag coined by Harris Brittels (writer for Parks & Rec among other things.)

It immediately makes me hate anyone that says it. It is rife in my industry (music - mainly classical.) A conductor dies and they'll be a litany of people posting "I was so humbled to have worked with this great conductor in 1987...." usually alongside a blurry picture of an orchestra which makes it obvious the conductor would have no feckin' idea who that 8th stand of the 2nd violins was.

Trying to get reflected glory and a few likes of the dead is really a fitting analogy of what social media has brought out in humans living in the 1st world.

• Like 3

Â