Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

7 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I 'studied' music at college and I remember pretty early in on the course a lecturer telling us that whenever you're writing a song and you put a combination of chords together, you should remember that it's been done many times before. When you write a melody, remember it's been done many times before. When writing a harmony, remember it's been done many times before. etc. 

It really got my creative juices flowing.

Hold my beer. 
220px-Metal_machine_music.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Isn't that your third death?

Some say third because they think dying and burial are somehow 2 separate deaths, which is of course bollocks. 

35 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Now that the mighty Clive James has gone, who is The Greatest Living Australian? 

In before the Rolf Harris gifs...

Not wondering this often, but am wondering now based on a bit I just saw on CNN, and speaking from a position of embarrassing ignorance of a lot of UK politics:  Do most of you think Jeremy Corbin is an anti-Semite?  Isn’t the Labour Party supposedly the more liberal an tolerant of the major parties?  If so, how does it end up even being in a position where a lot of people believe there is a problem of anti-semitism permeating the leadership?  Are most of the party membership anti-Semitic or tolerant of anti-semitism or is the party and/or its leadership being unfairly portrayed in US and perhaps UK and international media?

I think the problem is that people link hatred of the Israeli state for hatred of the Jewish people. The western powers support Israel and tolerate actions that would be condemned if they were done by a Muslim nation. I don't think Corbyn hates Jewish people as a race. But by criticising the politics of Israel it can be taken in that way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Now that the mighty Clive James has gone, who is The Greatest Living Australian? 

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_of_All_-_Our_50_Top_Australians it was and is Dawn Fraser, who I have never heard of.

And the words removed don't even have Clive James in their list.

Which had me wondering: the 50 greatest people of any country must vary a lot by whether you ask the locals or ask foreigners.

Partly I suppose because foreigners don't know as many people. My 50 greatest Australians would be padded out with a lot of actresses from Neighbours and Home & Away who helped me through my teenage years.

Â