Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

R-6918755-1446593990-5834.jpeg.jpg

Best Australian Album Ever.

Tame Impala / Cybotron / Kanguru / Russell Morris and a bunch of others, absolute goldmine of slightly obscure loveliness.

But then it has the words Amorphous Androgynous on the cover, and that's just a stamp of guaranteed quality. 

• Like 1

There is a guy called Grim Fawkner who is excellent, for an australian. He covers an australian folk singer called John Coleman. I swear to god the first 10 times I listened to this song I cried every time.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

There is a guy called Grim Fawkner who is excellent, for an australian. He covers an australian folk singer called John Coleman. I swear to god the first 10 times I listened to this song I cried every time.

I was pretty 'meh' up until 67, when the guy's wife dies. I'll be 66 in January...  :(

Other than that, I'll never listen to it again, due to the use of the non-word 'restauranteurs'. 

• Haha 1

The author of 'The Galactic Ramble, Richard Morton Jack, is compiling a book covering Australian acts. That'll be a proper exercise in crate digging.

They did have some decent bands going on.

On the bright side, Cold Chisel didn't catch on either.

17 hours ago, Xann said:

Australia strikes me as a nation that's historically been mostly content with pub Rock.

I saw "Jet" the other year at  a festival in Madrid ..they were pretty darn good  , though it was 4am and I'd been on the sauce since breakfast about 20 hours earlier so in reality they may well have been a pub band and my dulled senses did the rest

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I saw "Jet" the other year at  a festival in Madrid ..they were pretty darn good  , though it was 4am and I'd been on the sauce since breakfast about 20 hours earlier so in reality they may well have been a pub band and my dulled senses did the rest

I saw Jet a few years ago. Your senses were dulled. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Jet really are pretty much a pub band, or at least they were when they first came out in the 00s (I'm not saying that's totally a bad thing).  Their singer Nic Cester has done some solo music that I like.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

If ever confirmation of pub rock were needed :trollface:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

FFS.  Nearly two pages of who gets to claim AC/DC!   What’s gotten into you people???

Are you thunderstruck?

We're on a highway to hell. 

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 18:12, tonyh29 said:

That can explain a few things...

If I'll make it through the two hour training session within the first 15 minutes of running and footwork drills.

Current coach has a gruelingly demanding regime, but I suppose we'll be able to run the floor and play with intensity come season start.

I sometimes stare at a Christmas tree and wonder what it would be like to shrink down to the size of a penny and fly around it, weaving in and out of the branches, gliding past the lights, swerving around baubles, and shooting up past the angel crowning the tree's top.

Edited by useless

Â