Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Don't think it's covered elsewhere but this a thread for those simple things that you've often thought about

( suppose it could have been the Ask BOF anything thread but he appears to have turned into Wenger and can't see it )

Anyway my question is :

When I go visit my nan at her care home they often have group sessions where they all sit around and sing songs .. they are always singing "Roll out the barrels" and "Get Me to the Church on Time" etc so I wondered ....

When I'm 80+ and in a care home will my group music sessions involve sitting around an out of tune piano singing Nirvana and Oasis songs with my fellow inmates .. or is Get me to the church a timeless classic that I need to start learning when I'm 79 ?

I often wonder if I'm the greatest Croquet player that ever lived. or maybe the greatest synchronised swimmer. Or the greatest base jumper

But the fact that I never have, and probably never will, try any of them means I'll never find out my true talent.

The only sport ive naturally gifted at was Archery, and ive only played it once and i was amazing at when i was 10. Ive never played it since, i just wonder how good i am/could have been.

I often wonder if I'm the greatest Croquet player that ever lived. or maybe the greatest synchronised swimmer. Or the greatest base jumper

But the fact that I never have, and probably never will, try any of them means I'll never find out my true talent.

Good one! :)

If the net effect of putting "Please consider the environment before printing this email" is in fact negative.

(ie Are the number of extra pieces of paper printed because the email is extended by 2 lines greater than the number of pages saved by people deciding not to print the email on the back of the message)

i often wonder where id be if id gone to uni at 18 full time rather than part time at the age of 21

other than that just mainly if i wasnt english, i think about what id be if i went to a yank highschool cos im sporty but not a jock a bit geeky but not in the extreme etc etc and then just foreign in general, like how different my life would be if was say german or spanish

I often wonder if I'm the greatest Croquet player that ever lived.

Well, I don't know anyone else that plays with breadcrumbed mashed potato,so probably you are...

Anyway my question is : When I'm 80+ and in a care home will my group music sessions involve sitting around an out of tune piano singing Nirvana and Oasis songs with my fellow inmates ..

It'll probably be a media player or guitar, add 'Rio', 'Angels' and 'The Time Of My Life' for the old dears and you're about there.

What do the cows think?

I know that keeping, feeding and milking cows produces tasty milk, yoghurts and dairy products - but the cow doesn't know that - every night she must wonder why we bring her into a big warm shed then muck about with her undercarriage before making off with her creamy white treasure - they must think we're **** mental.

I wonder about loads of shit. For example:

I wonder what happens when I die. I think about this too much probably.

I wonder how my life would be different if I hadn't started smoking weed when I was 16. If I had continued playing football, if I had joined the high school football (soccer) team, where I would be right now. That was one of my passions and I let it slip by, I could be playing MLS now or overseas. I at least could have got a scholarship.

I wonder what my life would have been like if I had stayed in the US Air Force and not quit during basic training. I wonder if I would have learned Arabic or Korean, or Chinese as a linguist that I had been nailed on to become.

I wonder what my life would be like if I had stayed in college and got a degree.

I'm happy with my life and where I am now, I just wonder what the parallel versions of me are doing now.

But mostly I wonder what the future will bring, what more countries I'll visit, how many more hearts I'll break, when I will go back to England for the Villa, and where in the hell is Carmen SanDiego??

I sometimes wonder how you can be an unlucky word removed, then it all changes round and you're a lucky word removed ;-)

Â