Alan Hutton

Rich_D

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

Is it me or do we expect a bit from our full backs......

• We want them to emulate a centre half when the ball is about to be launched from the opposite wing
  • then we want them to overlap and resemble a winger, when the ball is on their side.

wonder we don't ask them to play centre forward too, with runs through the middle.

Alan does this every now and then by accident to be fair. lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

• We want them to emulate a centre half when the ball is about to be launched from the opposite wing
  • then we want them to overlap and resemble a winger, when the ball is on their side.

wonder we don't ask them to play centre forward too, with runs through the middle.

that’s just modern football I think!

On 07/03/2018 at 19:39, TRO said:

Hutton has been pretty attacking minded since being on the left. Drives forwards and passes it forward and starts things off. Doesnt try and dribble round people but regularly beats a player with a burst of pace to put us on the front foot.

The difference with taylor was very noticable. Many times the ball had to be hit long by defence or keeper after he was given the ball but either dithered, played poor ball or just went backwards.

First half it happened pretty much every time he got the ball.

Im no taylor hater, the difference is clear to see.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Hutton has been pretty attacking minded since being on the left. Drives forwards and passes it forward and starts things off. Doesnt try and dribble round people but regularly beats a player with a burst of pace to put us on the front foot.

The difference with taylor was very noticable. Many times the ball had to be hit long by defence or keeper after he was given the ball but either dithered, played poor ball or just went backwards.

First half it happened pretty much every time he got the ball.

Im no taylor hater, the difference is clear to see.

despite some of his faults......I agree, wish he was in.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Has he played his last game for us? No talk of release or new deal

I believe Bruce confirmed a couple of months back that he would only be offered a new deal if we get promoted (presumably due to FFP). 

38 minutes ago, sne said:

Why on earth would we keep him if we got promoted?

He's barely passable in the Championship, in the PL he'll to nothing but a liability.

I think he's been really pretty good this season. I know what you mean, though, and I don't think he should be a starter in the PL if possible, but we do need a squad. 

• Like 2

Superb, completely galvanised the team when he came on. 

He's such an important player for us, especially when the midfield are misfiring because he adds impetus to our attacks and drags opposition midfielders out wide to double up creating more room in the middle. 

• Like 2

Â