Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Fantastic decision that I must applaud. If we go up he has no place here, if we don't go up well next season he's older and frankly given his wages an extension will surely have us paying too much for a fullback at this level. He'll be fairly easy to replace at this level anyway.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I don't know, I thought it was. Only read it here and thought: why now?

Hutton asked the situation and Bruce has said he is not in a position to offer new contracts to anyone at this moment in time until we know which division we are in and that huttons situation  may change but if we fail to go up he says there will be cuts which I think we all knew .

Edited by Eastie
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Fantastic decision that I must applaud. If we go up he has no place here, if we don't go up well next season he's older and frankly given his wages an extension will surely have us paying too much for a fullback at this level. He'll be fairly easy to replace at this level anyway.

I like Hutton but as you say, if we go up we need better. If we don't go up we need to cut our cloth accordingly and he'll get better offers elsewhere judging by how crippled we will be with FPP

16 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Hutton asked the situation and Bruce has said he is not in a position to offer new contracts to anyone at this moment in time until we know which division we are in and that huttons situation  may change but if we fail to go up he says there will be cuts which I think we all knew .

•  

That's fine.

6 hours ago, Eastie said:

•  

I think there should also be cuts if we go up.

Very wise from the club to do this and we are being run very astutely this season which is great to see.

We look in a very healthy position if we do make promotion in terms of not having tonnes of players in the squad on big contracts who are just not good enough at that level anymore.

22 hours ago, Eastie said:

•  

In other words, there is no story here about Hutton specifically being refused a contract, he is just subject to the same policy as everyone else. Most of the discussion on the last few pages had been misplaced and represents time lost that can never be regained.

• Like 1

He really divides opinion doesn’t he. No way was he awful today. Yes lost his man for the goal, but the whole defence switched off for that, the ball should never have got in and Terry jumped with lead boots. But the rest of the game he was good. Made numerous interceptions, didn’t get beat, pressed forward well, put some good through balls the channels, linked up with jack and adomah and stepped out of defence when needed.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I hope if we go up we give him a 1 year extension, i think he has done enough to earn that, although i appreciate for large passages of his Villa career he has been dreadful.

He has found his level, he’d be torn a new one in the prem.

16 minutes ago, Dick said:

He has found his level, he’d be torn a new one in the prem.

Yep looks very good at this level and could do for another couple of years yet.

He would severely struggle in the PL imo, as would many of our current first team.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

He really divides opinion doesn’t he. No way was he awful today. Yes lost his man for the goal, but the whole defence switched off for that, the ball should never have got in and Terry jumped with lead boots. But the rest of the game he was good. Made numerous interceptions, didn’t get beat, pressed forward well, put some good through balls the channels, linked up with jack and adomah and stepped out of defence when needed.

It does happen to us.....ball watching as opposed to watching their man.

good job the opposition do it too.

Edited by TRO

Â