Alan Hutton

Rich_D

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was also on board the "We must keep Alan Hutton" train, until I remembered we actually have 2 other right backs on the books.

RDL, and Bree.

Although Alan can also cover Left Back, one of them would definitely have to go.

So unfortunately, it seems the best thing to do would really be to sacrifice him.

Micah says hi!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/3/2018 at 22:20, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think it's a good decision not to give him a new contract. For all of his good attitude, energy, running and commitment, he still can't pass the ball properly. And he is a liability, although he has been more reliable of late.

What is worrying for me is the reasons given, that we can't afford to give out any new contracts. If that is true, does it mean that even if we go up, we can't give out new contracts? Never mind signing any players? 

No.....They have said that the decision could be reversed, depending on where we finish up at the end of the season.....If we stay in this division, we will have cut backs, so why give new contracts out now?

so all Alan has to do is score 40 odd goals , get us promotion and his job is safe.:D

• Like 1

Today summed Hutton up. Lots of running and effort but absolutely woeful when called upon for a final ball.

Summed up VP's love for him too. 

Couple of times today Hutton went on a good run, was picked out, and then delivered a dreadful pass. Yet VP sang his name after it. Bit weird.

Anyway, can't fault his effort.

I know I'm in the minority but I really like Alan Hutton and am glad we have him in our team.

Yes he can be reckless, can get caught out of position and makes questionable decisions but he gives 100% every game and seems to really care.

Hutts :thumb:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, R.Bear said:

I know I'm in the minority but I really like Alan Hutton and am glad we have him in our team.

Yes he can be reckless, can get caught out of position and makes questionable decisions but he gives 100% every game and seems to really care.

Hutts :thumb:

I'm not sure you are in the minority anymore... 

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Bruce has confirmed if we get promoted Hutton will be offered a new contract .

But boss Steve Bruce has today revealed:

“If we get promoted I will offer him a new contract.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-hutton-contract-latest-could-14299817

I can see the reasoning behind it. Provides consistency in the squad, is a good professional and can cover both left back and right. Also galvanizes him for the rest of the season playing for a new contract.

However if we go up I hope that we will be purchasing 1st team starters in both of those positions.

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Bruce has confirmed if we get promoted Hutton will be offered a new contract .

But boss Steve Bruce has today revealed:

If we get promoted I will offer him a new contract.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-hutton-contract-latest-could-14299817

can't we play him no 9 then......for motivation.:D

No pressure Al.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Going up is a reason not to give him a contract. 

I suppose we want to keep things as stable as possible if we do go up. 

There will have to be massive changes so keeping the first choice left back (on a short term deal) may be a sensible idea.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I suppose we want to keep things as stable as possible if we do go up. 

There will have to be massive changes so keeping the first choice left back (on a short term deal) may be a sensible idea.

Backup at the very least.

It seems people are under the impression that we are going to sign 11 world beaters as soon as we get promoted.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It seems people are under the impression that we are going to sign 11 world beaters as soon as we get promoted.

Aye. If we go up, I would hope we would try and keep as much consistency as we can from this seasons squad. Re upping Hutton would be a sensible part of that. As well as permanently signing as many of our current loanees as we can.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hopefully people will buy into the plan to consolidate our place in the premier league and then push onwards from there - it won’t happen overnight .

• Like 1

Â