Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Was quality today.  Fair play. 

Changed the game for me today......put Derby on the back foot after making a bright start.

They sensed the left side was weak.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Have you not read the prophecy? 

This one? ;)

On 27/01/2018 at 01:43, briny_ear said:

Alan Hutton scores the goal that secures our promotion back to the Premier League!

You read It here first!

On 30/01/2018 at 12:28, LakotaDakota said:

Hopefully it will be a fantastic comedy goal.

Up for a last minute corner, Slips over and does an accidental overhead kick into the top corner. If it could somehow hit Terrys arse somewhere along the way it would be even better.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

The discussion in the Gabby thread about “club legends” made me wonder about Hutton.

Don’t worry, I’m not suggesting that I think of Alan Hutton as a club legend. But in the 25+ years of supporting Villa, I can’t think of another player who could be considered a “cult hero” amongst fans in the same way he is.

I’m convinced the initial adulation was, in part, tongue in cheek. But somewhere along the way it’s shifted and any irony about it has significantly reduced.

It’s all open to individual interpretation of course. “Club legends”, “Fan favourites”, etc. But for me, Alan Hutton is probably the best definition of a “cult hero” I’ve seen at Villa. 

Just imagine if he scored the winner at Wembley.

I already did. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’m convinced the initial adulation was, in part, tongue in cheek. But somewhere along the way it’s shifted and any irony about it has significantly reduced.

It’s all open to individual interpretation of course. “Club legends”, “Fan favourites”, etc. But for me, Alan Hutton is probably the best definition of a “cult hero” I’ve seen at Villa.

Agree 100%

If you look up "cult hero" in the dictionary it says "see Alan Hutton" 

It did start as a bit of a piss take but he's gone on to win hearts and minds. He actually galvanises the crowd when he plays. 

Relegation was the best thing for Alan Huttons Villa career because he's a very good Championship player, he's found his level. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's a good move to get rid of him. Not good enough for the premier league and we can get someone just as good, younger and cheaper if we continue to play in the championship.

We have brought in 4 fullbacks since relegation, Ritchie De Laet, Neil Taylor, Elmo and James Bree. 

The fact that Hutton is still the best fullback at the club indicates that replacing him may not be as easy as some presume. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's a good move to get rid of him. Not good enough for the premier league and we can get someone just as good, younger and cheaper if we continue to play in the championship.

I would like to know how much we have paid out on full backs in the time Big Al has been here.

He has outstayed them all still being the first choice RB & LB yet someone at the club still thinks we need to pay out more money by letting him go and buying another one. 

Whatever their on then get me 20 quids worth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Its absolute bollocks that we cant even offer him a 12 month deal.  

Best RB and now best LB at the club, Someone needs to give their head a wobble!   

We all have our opinions and i respect yours but in my opinion he's not the best right back. Elmohamedy is the best right back but you're correct that Hutton is the best left back!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

We all have our opinions and i respect yours but in my opinion he's not the best right back. Elmohamedy is the best right back but you're correct that Hutton is the best left back!

Elmo is a shockingly bad defender, infact he is the only defender i can think of that is scared to tackle. The one big advantage he had over Hutton was his end product, but sadly that seems to have gone to pot over the last few months. 

Ignoring contracts/wages etc, and judging them both purely on ability, i would take Hutton over Elmo every day of the week 

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

Is the right answer. 

And Hutton being the best left back says more about Taylor than it does Hutton. 

Hutton has done admirably well this season, but he’s extremely limited. 

Left back should be high on the agenda for a replacement in the summer. Hutton or Taylor are nowhere near good enough for the Prem if we go up. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Joe Bryan or ben osborn perhaps ? Hardly pay over 6 million for each i reckon.

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is the right answer. 

And Hutton being the best left back says more about Taylor than it does Hutton. 

Hutton has done admirably well this season, but he’s extremely limited. 

Left back should be high on the agenda for a replacement in the summer. Hutton or Taylor are nowhere near good enough for the Prem if we go up. 

Completely agree, regardless of the division we're in we need to upgrade our left back position and in all honesty we need a back up left back too as i would rather not have to watch Taylor again next season in a Villa shirt.

I'll be sad to see Hutton go because i love the effort he gives and I genuinely believe he loves it at Villa. 

Â