Alan Hutton

Rich_D

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

No he cannot have a new contract. I appreciate his efforts but he was instrumental in all the cackness once upon a time - we do not move on with him in the side.

Thankfully you don't have a say in the matter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

No he cannot have a new contract. I appreciate his efforts but he was instrumental in all the cackness once upon a time - we do not move on with him in the side.

What has what he did or didn’t do in previous years got to do with whether we should keep him ?

If we go up, he should be given another year.  Useful cover in both fullback positions and I presume a likeable character to have in the squad.   He is the Scottish Cafu after all. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

If we go up, he should be given another year.  Useful cover in both fullback positions and I presume a likeable character to have in the squad.   He is the Scottish Cafu after all. 

This

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I know he’s not great... but I can’t help but like the guy. He busts a gut the majority of the time, and I respect that.

That's my thoughts exactly!

The reincarnated version of Hutton is much better than the first version that helped send us down. 

I think we should give him a one year deal. I wouldn’t be surprised though if he got an offer from somewhere in Scotland and he took the opportunity to go back up there... 

I have concerns with letting too many of the players that may contribute to us going up, being let go. If it doesn’t work out that way, then he is a decent championship player. 

Edited by Tayls

40 minutes ago, villarocker said:

That's my thoughts exactly!

The reincarnated version of Hutton is much better than the first version that helped send us down. 

The relegation year he was still one of our better performer (not hard obviously)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

He is definitely championship. Stay down then extend, go up and say taraa. 

Most agree that he is our best fullback, so are those suggesting we get rid of him either:

i) Suggesting we bring in 4 new fullbacks, or:

ii) Suggesting we release Hutton and instead keep hold of others that have shown they aren't good enough for the championship never mind the PL, and are certainly not as good as Hutton.  

Is easy to say he isn't good enough for the PL, but he is undoubtedly the best of our bunch so the idea of getting rid of him makes absolutely no sence. 

If we fail to go up his wages may be impossible to service, but as per the points i raised above, i would absolutely keep hold of him should we go up. 

Â