Alan Hutton

Rich_D

On 2/2/2018 at 16:13, Dr_Pangloss said:

Fantastic decision that I must applaud. If we go up he has no place here, if we don't go up well next season he's older and frankly given his wages an extension will surely have us paying too much for a fullback at this level. He'll be fairly easy to replace at this level anyway.

If we can find a better player.....no arguments from me.

but he has seen off a few.

I think it's a good decision not to give him a new contract. For all of his good attitude, energy, running and commitment, he still can't pass the ball properly. And he is a liability, although he has been more reliable of late.

What is worrying for me is the reasons given, that we can't afford to give out any new contracts. If that is true, does it mean that even if we go up, we can't give out new contracts? Never mind signing any players? 

3 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think it's a good decision not to give him a new contract. For all of his good attitude, energy, running and commitment, he still can't pass the ball properly. And he is a liability, although he has been more reliable of late.

What is worrying for me is the reasons given, that we can't afford to give out any new contracts. If that is true, does it mean that even if we go up, we can't give out new contracts? Never mind signing any players? 

I don't know how you've got to that second paragraph? Of course we'll be able to offer contracts if we go up. 

5 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Caught daydreaming for Burtons second yesterday. He’d be crucified in the Premiership. Thanks for your efforts Allan, all the best , bye.

I think that is one of his achilles Heel, positional sense......but he does do some good stuff too.

Trouble is the perfect ones cost a fortune.

17 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

It’s down to ffp - if we go up then it’s a whole new ball game obviously.

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't know how you've got to that second paragraph? Of course we'll be able to offer contracts if we go up. 

Yeah perhaps I misunderstood it now when I read it again, I got it from here: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-hutton-contract-villa-bruce-14239175

I read it as we wont renew his contract whether we go up or not, but perhaps the news was that we wont renew it only if we stay in the Championship. But then it's not much of news as it would be the same for many other players as well. I don't understand why they would tell him now that we wont renew if they have renewal as an option if we go up. If so the message should have been that we very much would like to renew, and will do it if we go up. But probably the ffp talk is a bit of an excuse because they don't think he is worth a new contract and don't want to renew, regardless if we are in the PL or not. 

I think people are reading too much in to this. The club aren't in a position to offer anybody a contract until they know next years status of the club. 

Whether we are promoted or not there will be a massive turnaround of players at the club. The financial implications will be massive either way.  

It would be crazy to offer an extension to an aging player at this stage of the season. 

• Like 3

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think people are reading too much in to this. The club aren't in a position to offer anybody a contract until they know next years status of the club. 

Whether we are promoted or not there will be a massive turnaround of players at the club. The financial implications will be massive either way.  

It would be crazy to offer an extension to an aging player at this stage of the season. 

Exactly this.

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

Caught daydreaming for Burtons second yesterday. He’d be crucified in the Premiership. Thanks for your efforts Allan, all the best , bye.

Have to disagree, that was Terrys man, he misjudged the flight of the ball and went towards it when he should have stuck with his man. Can't blame Hutton for that as there was a free player to the left of Hutton.

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Have to disagree, that was Terrys man, he misjudged the flight of the ball and went towards it when he should have stuck with his man. Can't blame Hutton for that as there was a free player to the left of Hutton.

The  Burton player ran past the front of Hutton. Terry had lost him, Hutton should have reacted, he simply watched the guy. As I say , in the Premiership he would be crucified. No new contract, is the club showing they also realise this.

12 minutes ago, meregreen said:

The  Burton player ran past the front of Hutton. Terry had lost him, Hutton should have reacted, he simply watched the guy. As I say , in the Premiership he would be crucified. No new contract, is the club showing they also realise this.

I actually agree with you......but if you want to go down this road, i could give you examples of ball watching as opposed to following your man umpteen times during a game by just about everyone of our players......sometimes they result in conceding goals.....its concentration.

The good news is most of our opponents do it more than us....thats what seperates us.

To eliminate it......you need pablo escobar on the board because thats what the best players do.....concentrate.

Well, when pablo was in his pomp.....or a oil sheikh

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Junxs said:

was it not deflected from our midfielder is how I saw it

On 2/3/2018 at 22:20, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think its more to do with a "let's wait and see where we are before we commit to new deals". Players will be gunning for new contracts now that we are on a roll, arguably the teams stock is high currently so anyone with 12 months or less and playing will be pushing for a big contract. No issues with Hutton not getting a new contract, I think his time is up and he will go back to the SPL. If we do go up, it should be an interesting summer window that's for sure.

23 hours ago, meregreen said:

I'm sure he'll do just fine at Rangers :D

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

Either way, Hutton was left with 2 men to pick up and only had a split second to react. Think its unfair to blame him for this goal whereas Terry seems beyond criticism. I just know if it was the other way around the same people would be blaming Hutton still and not Terry.Terry misjudged the flight of the ball, even if it was slightly deflected Terrys positioning was still wrong, should have been tighter to his man.

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

It was deflected by Jed....It just clipped him slightly, but it was going to its destination any way.

I like Hutton and JT, .......but the way I saw it, it went over JT and Boyce was on his blind side, behind him......on the other hand Hutton could see Boyce so should have gone with his man.

I get frustrated when folk criticise Hutton, because he does so many things right.....but this is where he falls down on his positional play and not tracking players in these circumstances, its not concentrating on the movement of the player, but watching the ball.

The sad fact is for all of us.....If they all did the things right that we pick them up for......They would be playing at a higher level.

If JT was 27 as opposed to 37, he wouldn't be a Villa Player, so its all academic.

My brothers the prophecy has become clearer I have analysed the numbers, symbology and algorithms. A revelation has been made. Open your minds.

The Prophet wears the number 21 jersey. The word Prophet has 7 letters. 7 + 21 = 28

Hutton was signed from Tottenham for 4.5million (estimated). That gives us the number 4 and the 0.5 is often refer to as a half, half of 4 is 2. So we are left with the numbers 4 and 2!

If we add Alan (4 letters) + Hutton (6 letters) = 10. But if we flip the 1 and the 0 around (just because) that gives us 01. Hutton has also been at Villa for 8 years!

I know what you’re thinking what can the numbers 2842018 possibly mean? Look more closely my brothers….

28-4-2018!!!

This is the day the prophecy speaks of! At home against Derby ‘The Prophet’ will finally score clinching promotion and bringing about a new Villa dawn!

#believe #thehuttonprophecy

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was also on board the "We must keep Alan Hutton" train, until I remembered we actually have 2 other right backs on the books.

RDL, and Bree.

Although Alan can also cover Left Back, one of them would definitely have to go.

So unfortunately, it seems the best thing to do would really be to sacrifice him.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â