Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Delph is a prick for the simple fact that he was off to Citeh.. Christ knows why he stayed but the guy is still a prick.

Really?

Err, given hindsight of what 7 hours, YES.

To clarify. he was off to citeh. That is a factamundo.

So in which case he chose us over money and champions league footy!

Edited by Nigel

Oh well, I take back all the horrid things I said about him and the ignominious fate I wished upon him.

I'm really pleased he's staying and I don't really care if it is for just one more season.

Now get yer arse out to Portugal, Fabby-Wabby.

Edited by briny_ear

That mail made it up and then radio wm and the BBC sports department spread it.

We shouldn't forget this.

Another example of just how crappy our local media are towards Villa and how poor the reporting standards at BBC sports are.

• Like 1

What I'll never understand is the reassessing of a player's qualities when he's leaving though. By all means draw willies on his head. But 'he can't pass/score/do up his own shoelaces' always makes me scratch my head.

Human nature I guess. Easier to take losing something if you convince yourself it's shite, same way you always hear how shit your mates Mrs is once they break up.
I suppose, but I imagine it's harder for those people to make that argument when said player is moving up to a title contender. Anyhoo it's all epidemic now.

Can I just defend my stance but Delph has had a long time to state his position, he was about to join citeh and there is no point in defending him, he was about to go. For some reason he stayed, The fact he was unable to understand why so many hated hime yesterday labels him a prick.

Another example of just how crappy our local media are towards Villa and how poor the reporting standards at BBC sports are.

If people really believe this I think they're nigel pearsons favourite animal.

What I'll never understand is the reassessing of a player's qualities when he's leaving though. By all means draw willies on his head. But 'he can't pass/score/do up his own shoelaces' always makes me scratch my head.

It's obviously a coping mechanism, we don't all jump straight to cocks!

I was going to put it differently, but this'll do!!

Why though, was this Pellegrini overruling the board? Have they suddenly had a breakthrough in signing Paul Pogba in the last 24 hours so scrapped this.

Methinks it's more Delph having a serious think about it last night and maybe deciding where he'd be more valued.

Still I'd be interested when the full story comes out over the next few weeks as it's a bizarre one.

Benteke did a similar u turn two summers ago which shocked us but he was never that close to joining anyone, just put in a transfer request.

At least it shows you we do treat our players well and they're not adverse to changing their minds and staying here for a bit longer.

That was my initial feeling but I've since read the reports about the 'change of heart' so I retract it.

Edit: I don't care anyway even if it was due to City, I'm glad he is staying. This is a huge summer so we needed to keep our captain now more than ever.

Edited by Isa

Delph is a prick for the simple fact that he was off to Citeh.. Christ knows why he stayed but the guy is still a prick.

Ermwhy? I have no doubt he spoke to City but he has committed to the club so that doesn't make him a prick

He put his career over money that is very noble in my eyes. If more people like that the game wouldn't be so filthy like it is today

When did you react? Are you on a natural react delay mechanism.

What the hell are you on about?

Sorry, but peoplw are kidding themselves if they think the BBC just make things up or "run with it". There was a U-Turn for some reason. Simple as.

• Like 3

It does link in with the club removing delph from the new kit pictures. And while I have little respect for Greg Evans i'm not sure he's going to get far by lying about people from the club confirming this news. 

I wonder if the people who removed the pictures were reading the same crap the rest of us did. There's no reason to think a PR company would have special access to players on a weekend when the most of the squad are abroad. Especially a player who hasnt travelled due to a heavily pregnant partner and probably was out of contact.

I've no idea who Gregg Evans is, I assume a journalist. Of course a journalist has something to gain by making stuff up. It boosts his reputation on the occasions when he guesses right. No-one is hurt when he gets it wrong and people just remember the correct guesses. It's called confirmation bias.

There's a reason ITSOTP became a thing back in the days of the mailing list (20 odd years ago).

He writes for the birmingham mail and has a lot of access to aston villa.  He seemed to be the one that got it after kendrick assumed lambert was going and then fell out the loop.  I think he'd damage the access the club provide him if he started spouting lies now about a deal that hasn't even happened. 

And it's not just those two.  It seems the vast majority of journalists, including those at the BBC were all under the same impression.

Perhaps the beeb, other journalists and you believed this guy. Perhaps people in Portugal did tell him - maybe it was Doris the tea lady. Delph wasn't in Portugal. Evans (and others) got it wrong regardless of his contacts and the others followed him.

Really?

Err, given hindsight of what 7 hours, YES.

To clarify. he was off to citeh. That is a factamundo.

Isn't the one thing we have learned through this saga is that nothing is fact until it is actual FACT?

And so with posts like this, the cycle continues.

Ermwhy? I have no doubt he spoke to City but he has committed to the club so that doesn't make him a prick

He put his career over money that is very noble in my eyes. If more people like that the game wouldn't be so filthy like it is today

When did you react? Are you on a natural react delay mechanism.

What the hell are you on about?

Get yer maginfying glass out because I haven't the energy to CAPS this, bit the word you are looking for is HINDSIGHT - shit bugger I did have the energy.

It does link in with the club removing delph from the new kit pictures. And while I have little respect for Greg Evans i'm not sure he's going to get far by lying about people from the club confirming this news. 

I wonder if the people who removed the pictures were reading the same crap the rest of us did. There's no reason to think a PR company would have special access to players on a weekend when the most of the squad are abroad. Especially a player who hasnt travelled due to a heavily pregnant partner and probably was out of contact.

I've no idea who Gregg Evans is, I assume a journalist. Of course a journalist has something to gain by making stuff up. It boosts his reputation on the occasions when he guesses right. No-one is hurt when he gets it wrong and people just remember the correct guesses. It's called confirmation bias.

There's a reason ITSOTP became a thing back in the days of the mailing list (20 odd years ago).

He writes for the birmingham mail and has a lot of access to aston villa.  He seemed to be the one that got it after kendrick assumed lambert was going and then fell out the loop.  I think he'd damage the access the club provide him if he started spouting lies now about a deal that hasn't even happened. 

And it's not just those two.  It seems the vast majority of journalists, including those at the BBC were all under the same impression.

Perhaps the beeb, other journalists and you believed this guy. Perhaps people in Portugal did tell him - maybe it was Doris the tea lady. Delph wasn't in Portugal. Evans (and others) got it wrong regardless of his contacts and the others followed him.

Ok.

I'm really not understanding fans thinking the media made all this up? 95% of the time this deal would be completed today and the media would be 'Bang on', what they can't control is the player having a change of heart, which seems to have been the case.

If the deal wasn't set to go through then why were reports of 'Delph to have a medical tomorrow' running for 24 hours without the club or player denying it?

• Like 1

Sorry, but peoplw are kidding themselves if they think the BBC just make things up or "run with it". There was a U-Turn for some reason. Simple as.

Exactly. When dealing with things that are volatile and can change at any moment you have to print things that are absolute in the moment. BBC were wrong but so were so many others as one media organisation as much as they would love to be able to read minds could not possibly know what Delph was thinking. 

Â