Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I admit I was take aback by the reports yesterday. I believed the papers even though I had heard from a current player that he thought there was no simple release clause. He also said the player was happy with life at Villa and delighted to be club captain.

Trent knows his stuff when it comes to players and he had heard the same I believe. There's a poster on here that had heard it straight from the horse's mouth. Yet we all believed he was off.

We may never know how close he came to leaving. Whether he had a change of heart, or Man City did a U-turn.... perhaps he really was with his pregnant wife, was not looking to move to City and has come out and denied it at his earliest opportunity....who knows? I actually don't care, if truth be told.

What shouldn't be overlooked is that he has come out saying he will be at Aston Villa. If things had broken down at City, he could easily have looked for a move to another club. £8m or so for Delph (if any of that is real) is a snip, and surely there would be other suitors. He's quashed all rumours of a move away from the club, which leads me to believe that the stuff in the papers wasn't reflective of the overall situation.

Until someone is ITSOTP then there really is no way to assess the credibility of the information.

• Like 2

Delph is a prick for the simple fact that he was off to Citeh.. Christ knows why he stayed but the guy is still a prick.

Ermwhy? I have no doubt he spoke to City but he has committed to the club so that doesn't make him a prick

He put his career over money that is very noble in my eyes. If more people like that the game wouldn't be so filthy like it is today

When did you react? Are you on a natural react delay mechanism.
What the hell are you on about?
Get yer maginfying glass out because I haven't the energy to CAPS this, bit the word you are looking for is HINDSIGHT - shit bugger I did have the energy.
Yet again what the HELL are you talking about? See I can do it too CApS

Your justification makes little to no sense

Erm, ok, I expected this? I expected Delph to stay? He is defensible? Fine, so why is he staying, he hasn't said?
You don't like Delph do you?
Would you had he gone to Citeh? He was clearly so close to it, so close, what changed? Nonsense that it is some fan paranoia, every press outlet was reporting it. It was about to happen. So now the question is why did it not happen? Because he is beyond reproach?
If you read my earlier posts you will see I expected it to be a done deal and I said thank you, good luck. I would not have blamed him for leaving but delighted he staying.

Me too - I am so delighted, I am made up - he is our heart - we will storm 15th place now.

Well you really are a ray of sunshine aren't you?!?

I admit I was take aback by the reports yesterday. I believed the papers even though I had heard from a current player that he thought there was no simple release clause. He also said the player was happy with life at Villa and delighted to be club captain.

Trent knows his stuff when it comes to players and he had heard the same I believe. There's a poster on here that had heard it straight from the horse's mouth. Yet we all believed he was off.

We may never know how close he came to leaving. Whether he had a change of heart, or Man City did a U-turn.... perhaps he really was with his pregnant wife, was not looking to move to City and has come out and denied it at his earliest opportunity....who knows? I actually don't care, if truth be told.

What shouldn't be overlooked is that he has come out saying he will be at Aston Villa. If things had broken down at City, he could easily have looked for a move to another club. £8m or so for Delph (if any of that is real) is a snip, and surely there would be other suitors. He's quashed all rumours of a move away from the club, which leads me to believe that the stuff in the papers wasn't reflective of the overall situation.

Until someone is ITSOTP then there really is no way to assess the credibility of the information.

Exactly. 8M for Delph yet only the richest club in the world come in for him?

• Like 1

Probably the journalist lying again. I mean why would he want to be the main aston villa journalist for the local paper.

Because it's the job he gets paid to do?

You know what, I'm gonna watch the Liverpool semi final goal again because for a while there I thought that great moment had been stolen from me! :D:D:D:D

THIS

Along with the test match, today has turned out pretty well!

Vive - I am not trying to be a penis, but we all weighed up the future without him and actually it was ok, The guy cannot just issue these statements and expect us to fall in line, if he now wishes to stay then he needs to come clean and explain why. He is a bit bolloxed because idressa guueye is his replacement.

• Like 1

Did anyone notice but there are a lot of fans who are still angry? I'll get over it if it was all an honest reason.

Just you to be honest. That's all I'm seeing on VT at least. I don't have twitter.

I wasn't angry in the first place.

BBC report on Delph staying implies they picked it up from other media, their use of "widely reported" kind of gives the game away. Some journo notices that Delph doesnt go to portugal and uses it as basis for report that Delph is in talks with city, it spreads and becomes "fact" even though we all knew his Mrs was about to drop. Just to add im not totally convinced on the Benteke to Liverpool rumour as most people talking about it are just happy for the sound bites...

• Like 2

Vive - I am not trying to be a penis, but we all weighed up the future without him and actually it was ok, The guy cannot just issue these statements and expect us to fall in line, if he now wishes to stay then he needs to come clean and explain why. He is a bit bolloxed because idressa guueye is his replacement.

Gueye was never his replacement. Gueye was signed almost 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

Gueye was never his replacement. Gueye was signed almost 2 weeks ago.

Other than that he is an identical midfielder with better stats, and he was already signed feeding the narrative? Defend delph all you want but he is culpable

Perhaps a little humble pie from some of the vitriolic posters on this thread?

With hindsight I do wonder whether the BBC spectacularly cocked this one up. Delph does not travel to Portugal as his wife is about to give birth but that is not known to the BBC. Add in the usual big club brown nosing from a journo and hey ho his release clause has been activated.

Whilst, like everyone on here, I assumed that he was going but I just could not square that with him being centre stage for the kit launch. Surely I thought the club must be certain that he is staying....seems like they were!

• Like 2

Â