Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

So the 8M clause was bullshit after all!!

What gives you that idea?

Because it makes no sense. If he wanted to stay why would he have a 8M clause in his contract? I said all those things about the club because of that clause. It's a ridiculous clause for a player that doesn't want to leave.

Secondly if there is a clause why aren't their bids coming in left right and centre for an England International. 8M is peanuts for such a player!

When bids come in we normally hear about it. I honestly don't believe any bid had been made.

Why have the clause? Because maybe his agent insisted on it, or maybe he was thinking about down the line rather than this summer. It might have been that he wanted to stay loyal as long as possible and give us another 2 years to see if we can turn things around, but when it came time to go he wanted it to be easier rather than more difficult?

The clause was then activated this summer when nobody thought it would be, delph had a chat with city to see what they were offering, and then decided that the original plan was the original plan?

We really don't know. There obviously IS a clause, because he was able to go talk to City

Do we know this?

Because it makes no sense. If he wanted to stay why would he have a 8M clause in his contract? I said all those things about the club because of that clause. It's a ridiculous clause for a player that doesn't want to leave.

Secondly if there is a clause why aren't their bids coming in left right and centre for an England International. 8M is peanuts for such a player!

When bids come in we normally hear about it. I honestly don't believe any bid had been made.

VLV, you're funny, but I think you do need a good dose of football reality ;)

When bids come in we normally hear about it?.... Like we did when Sylla, Helenius, Luna and Lowton were shipped out recently? Villa do thinks mostly behind closed doors.

It's fairly obvious (or at least 90% obvious) that this clause exists, otherwise when the reports came out, Sherwood would most likely have denied it. Sherwood was the one who mentioned the Benteke clause, so he's not afraid to talk about these things.

Also, didn't you see Micah Richards' comments the other day? Where he all but confirmed that Delph was considering a switch to Man City? If the clause didn't exist, then why would Richards be talking about that? Just in case Man City came in with an offer that we decided to accept? Nah.

If you're wondering why Delph would have the clause put in, it's because we've been battling relegation for 5 seasons, and he probably wanted an escape route in case we don't try to actually improve and fight our way up the table for once.

Why the clause is so low, is a different issue, but I'm fairly confident that it exists.

• Like 1

Why have the clause? Because maybe his agent insisted on it, or maybe he was thinking about down the line rather than this summer. It might have been that he wanted to stay loyal as long as possible and give us another 2 years to see if we can turn things around, but when it came time to go he wanted it to be easier rather than more difficult?

The clause was then activated this summer when nobody thought it would be, delph had a chat with city to see what they were offering, and then decided that the original plan was the original plan?

We really don't know. There obviously IS a clause, because he was able to go talk to City

Do we know this?

I think it's pretty obvious.

What I'll never understand is the reassessing of a player's qualities when he's leaving though. By all means draw willies on his head. But 'he can't pass/score/do up his own shoelaces' always makes me scratch my head.

but are they the same people who previously said he was good/amazing? Or are the people who thought negative things about him just coming out to post when he was leaving? Or are they just comparing him to how good he should be if hes moving to city?

Edited by gharperr

It does link in with the club removing delph from the new kit pictures. And while I have little respect for Greg Evans i'm not sure he's going to get far by lying about people from the club confirming this news. 

I wonder if the people who removed the pictures were reading the same crap the rest of us did. There's no reason to think a PR company would have special access to players on a weekend when the most of the squad are abroad. Especially a player who hasnt travelled due to a heavily pregnant partner and probably was out of contact.

I've no idea who Gregg Evans is, I assume a journalist. Of course a journalist has something to gain by making stuff up. It boosts his reputation on the occasions when he guesses right. No-one is hurt when he gets it wrong and people just remember the correct guesses. It's called confirmation bias.

There's a reason ITSOTP became a thing back in the days of the mailing list (20 odd years ago).

• Like 1

What I'll never understand is the reassessing of a player's qualities when he's leaving though. By all means draw willies on his head. But 'he can't pass/score/do up his own shoelaces' always makes me scratch my head.

It's obviously a coping mechanism, we don't all jump straight to cocks!
  • Like 3

Delph is a prick for the simple fact that he was off to Citeh.. Christ knows why he stayed but the guy is still a prick.

Ermwhy? I have no doubt he spoke to City but he has committed to the club so that doesn't make him a prick

He put his career over money that is very noble in my eyes. If more people like that the game wouldn't be so filthy like it is today

• Like 2

Delph is a prick for the simple fact that he was off to Citeh.. Christ knows why he stayed but the guy is still a prick.

Really?

Err, given hindsight of what 7 hours, YES.

To clarify. he was off to citeh. That is a factamundo.

Human nature I guess. Easier to take losing something if you convince yourself it's shite, same way you always hear how shit your mates Mrs is once they break up.

It does link in with the club removing delph from the new kit pictures. And while I have little respect for Greg Evans i'm not sure he's going to get far by lying about people from the club confirming this news. 

I wonder if the people who removed the pictures were reading the same crap the rest of us did. There's no reason to think a PR company would have special access to players on a weekend when the most of the squad are abroad. Especially a player who hasnt travelled due to a heavily pregnant partner and probably was out of contact.

I've no idea who Gregg Evans is, I assume a journalist. Of course a journalist has something to gain by making stuff up. It boosts his reputation on the occasions when he guesses right. No-one is hurt when he gets it wrong and people just remember the correct guesses. It's called confirmation bias.

There's a reason ITSOTP became a thing back in the days of the mailing list (20 odd years ago).

He writes for the birmingham mail and has a lot of access to aston villa.  He seemed to be the one that got it after kendrick assumed lambert was going and then fell out the loop.  I think he'd damage the access the club provide him if he started spouting lies now about a deal that hasn't even happened. 

And it's not just those two.  It seems the vast majority of journalists, including those at the BBC were all under the same impression.

Ermwhy? I have no doubt he spoke to City but he has committed to the club so that doesn't make him a prick

He put his career over money that is very noble in my eyes. If more people like that the game wouldn't be so filthy like it is today

When did you react? Are you on a natural react delay mechanism.

Edited by Jareth

Do we know this?

I think it's pretty obvious.

Not saying he didn't, but saying it's obvious doesn't prove anything.

Â