Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

All you straw clutchers who said he would stay. Take a bow

I wasn't clutching at straws it was pretty obvious that something didn't add up. But obviously I understand people feeling disappointed when looking at the headlines this time yesterday.

Delph is a prick for the simple fact that he was off to Citeh.. Christ knows why he stayed but the guy is still a prick.

Ermwhy? I have no doubt he spoke to City but he has committed to the club so that doesn't make him a prick

He put his career over money that is very noble in my eyes. If more people like that the game wouldn't be so filthy like it is today

When did you react? Are you on a natural react delay mechanism.

What the hell are you on about?

Get yer maginfying glass out because I haven't the energy to CAPS this, bit the word you are looking for is HINDSIGHT - shit bugger I did have the energy.

Yet again what the HELL are you talking about? See I can do it too CApS

Your justification makes little to no sense

Erm, ok, I expected this? I expected Delph to stay? He is defensible? Fine, so why is he staying, he hasn't said?

You don't like Delph do you?

Would you had he gone to Citeh? He was clearly so close to it, so close, what changed? Nonsense that it is some fan paranoia, every press outlet was reporting it. It was about to happen. So now the question is why did it not happen? Because he is beyond reproach?

Delph had a change of heart after talking to Randy or maybe Roy. Or he just changed his mind himself.

Hope it was Randy and there is some more exciting news soon :)

Who's Roy?

Hodgson

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-fabian-delphs-proposed-9636872?

Aston Villa: Fabian Delph's proposed move to Manchester City - what actually happened

Fabian Delph has performed an incredible U-turn to stay at Aston Villa .

The captain was 100% on the way to Manchester City this time yesterday but Villa officials say he had a complete change of heart.

Delph was due for a medical at City today after agreeing personal terms yesterday but he decided not to attend and stay at Villa.

Today he has confirmed he will be remaining at the club and leading the team into the new season.

He said: "I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight.

"I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."

He hasn't signed new terms and the £8m buyout clause that City matched remains in his contract.

The skipper did not fly out here to Portugal because his wife is expecting their second child.

Probably the journalist lying again. I mean why would he want to be the main aston villa journalist for the local paper.

I could be wrong but I think he's actually a sha fan.

That mail made it up and then radio wm and the BBC sports department spread it.

We shouldn't forget this.

Another example of just how crappy our local media are towards Villa and how poor the reporting standards at BBC sports are.

Sorry, but peoplw are kidding themselves if they think the BBC just make things up or "run with it". There was a U-Turn for some reason. Simple as.

The BBC sports department has proven themselves less reliable than the Sun consistently this past season. They have made things up several times or reported second hand without fact checking.

Why would you regard them as a credible source? Its not like the actual BBC news who employ real journalists. BBC Sports is completely amateurish.

Examples?

Delph is a prick for the simple fact that he was off to Citeh.. Christ knows why he stayed but the guy is still a prick.

Ermwhy? I have no doubt he spoke to City but he has committed to the club so that doesn't make him a prick

He put his career over money that is very noble in my eyes. If more people like that the game wouldn't be so filthy like it is today

Get yer maginfying glass out because I haven't the energy to CAPS this, bit the word you are looking for is HINDSIGHT - shit bugger I did have the energy.

Erm, ok, I expected this? I expected Delph to stay? He is defensible? Fine, so why is he staying, he hasn't said?

Would you had he gone to Citeh? He was clearly so close to it, so close, what changed? Nonsense that it is some fan paranoia, every press outlet was reporting it. It was about to happen. So now the question is why did it not happen? Because he is beyond reproach?

If you read my earlier posts you will see I expected it to be a done deal and I said thank you, good luck. I would not have blamed him for leaving but delighted he staying.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-fabian-delphs-proposed-9636872?

Aston Villa: Fabian Delph's proposed move to Manchester City - what actually happened

The captain was 100% on the way to Manchester City this time yesterday but Villa officials say he had a complete change of heart.

Delph was due for a medical at City today after agreeing personal terms yesterday but he decided not to attend and stay at Villa.

Today he has confirmed he will be remaining at the club and leading the team into the new season.

He said: "I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight.

"I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."

He hasn't signed new terms and the £8m buyout clause that City matched remains in his contract.

The skipper did not fly out here to Portugal because his wife is expecting their second child.

Probably the journalist lying again. I mean why would he want to be the main aston villa journalist for the local paper.

He may be but not sure how that's relevant to the job he has.

Im not going to say delph is anymore loyal than he was before.

There was clearly interest or contract talks went pretty far. If not, the club marketing team or w/e you call them are a joke for taking him off kit pictures and all deserved to get fired (or shouted at).

Randy planned this, CONSPIRACY!!!!!!

• Like 1

England wallop the Aussies and this happens! What a wonderful day. Good man, I wonder what actuslly happened, whether it was just the media getting ahead of themselves or he really did change his mind at the last minute. Who cares either way.

• Like 2

He may be but not sure how that's relevant to the job he has.

It might be very hard for him not to be biased in his reporting. Not saying he his biased and not really bothered as I don't read that paper and don't go out of my way to read their website.

If you read my earlier posts you will see I expected it to be a done deal and I said thank you, good luck. I would not have blamed him for leaving but delighted he staying.

Me too - I am so delighted, I am made up - he is our heart - we will storm 15th place now.

Â