Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I have 2 dishes here. Egg for the face or humble pie served ice cold. I'm going for egg on the face. It's all about the protein.

Unbe-f**king-lievable.

I'll happily take them both. Glad I never criticised him though. You should all be ashamed of yourselves :)

Im not going to say delph is anymore loyal than he was before.

There was clearly interest or contract talks went pretty far. If not, the club are marketing team or w/e you call them are a joke for taking him off kit pictures and all deserved to get fired (or shouted at).

Did they??

They definitely changed the FB cover photo last night after the BBC report to a a Delph-less one. It's what convinced me it was set in stone.

Either the talks were very advanced or we have the most incompetent pr staff on the planet.

Wonder what changed his mind? Maybe he realized he wasn't even going to be considered the first sub off the bench? Or maybe he read all the fan comments? Doesn't matter cause he is staying!

Randy has been back and forth from his hols, FACT, Randy is the reason - he has told him something. Why would you turn down the Man Citeh money. That or his wife just slapped him and said, your son would be ashamed of you.

HA! Fair play to Delph for coming out and clearing it up.

VLV, no doubt the club has forced him to make this statement too? You must be furious at AVFC and their despicable regime of forcing players to make these statements.

Well clearly it was all from the heart after all. I'm over the moon!!

At least I didn't start hating the guy like the rest of you! ;)

I didn't hate Delph, just a few comedy 'I hope he stubs his toe' esq posts.

You labelled the majority of footballers idiots, which was much better ;)

So the 8M clause was bullshit after all!!

What gives you that idea?
Because it makes no sense. If he wanted to stay why would he have a 8M clause in his contract? I said all those things about the club because of that clause. It's a ridiculous clause for a player that doesn't want to leave.

Secondly if there is a clause why aren't their bids coming in left right and centre for an England International. 8M is peanuts for such a player!

When bids come in we normally hear about it. I honestly don't believe any bid had been made.

Why have the clause? Because maybe his agent insisted on it, or maybe he was thinking about down the line rather than this summer. It might have been that he wanted to stay loyal as long as possible and give us another 2 years to see if we can turn things around, but when it came time to go he wanted it to be easier rather than more difficult?

The clause was then activated this summer when nobody thought it would be, delph had a chat with city to see what they were offering, and then decided that the original plan was the original plan?

We really don't know. There obviously IS a clause, because he was able to go talk to City

How do we know he spoke to City? Where is the evidence the clause was activated?

Perhaps because they had interviews set up for him when he signed?

Is that fact or did Sky Sports tell you this?

• Like 1

That Mail article doesn't read like it's based on much at all except for Skybet and Richards' comments the other day. I still wouldn't be surprised if this all turned out to be a load of rubbish.

i said it'd turn out to be a load of rubbish and delighted to be keeping a £25m plus player. One thing I will say is this all feels like a bit of PR stunt by the club.

I am sorry. Not that I mugged off Delph, because it really would have been a career ending move.

I'm sorry that I believed the bloody press!

HA! Fair play to Delph for coming out and clearing it up.

VLV, no doubt the club has forced him to make this statement too? You must be furious at AVFC and their despicable regime of forcing players to make these statements.

Well clearly it was all from the heart after all. I'm over the moon!!

At least I didn't start hating the guy like the rest of you! ;)

I didn't hate Delph, just a few comedy 'I hope he stubs his toe' esq posts.

You labelled the majority of footballers idiots, which was much better ;)

I stand by that. I think he is an idiot for staying. But he is our idiot!! :)

Because it makes no sense. If he wanted to stay why would he have a 8M clause in his contract? I said all those things about the club because of that clause. It's a ridiculous clause for a player that doesn't want to leave.

Secondly if there is a clause why aren't their bids coming in left right and centre for an England International. 8M is peanuts for such a player!

When bids come in we normally hear about it. I honestly don't believe any bid had been made.

Why have the clause? Because maybe his agent insisted on it, or maybe he was thinking about down the line rather than this summer. It might have been that he wanted to stay loyal as long as possible and give us another 2 years to see if we can turn things around, but when it came time to go he wanted it to be easier rather than more difficult?

The clause was then activated this summer when nobody thought it would be, delph had a chat with city to see what they were offering, and then decided that the original plan was the original plan?

We really don't know. There obviously IS a clause, because he was able to go talk to City

How do we know he spoke to City? Where is the evidence the clause was activated?

Considering I live in Canada, some 4000 miles away from a box with sky sports on it, no, it didn't

It wasn't media driven.  Gregg Evans has said that people from the club in portugal confirmed delph was going, Pete Colley said all his sources confirmed that he was going.  This was a done deal, i'm glad he changed his mind and i'm intrigued to know why.

Considering I live in Canada, some 4000 miles away from a box with sky sports on it, no, it didn't

I just back from Canada. Lovely place.

So it's fact right? The deal was good as done?

It wasn't media driven. Gregg Evans has said that people from the club in portugal confirmed delph was going, Pete Colley said all his sources confirmed that he was going. This was a done deal, i'm glad he changed his mind and i'm intrigued to know why.

Must have spent the night on Villatalk!

I don't see why anyone should have to apologise for what they posted yesterday - Delph's done a 180, this isn't made-up B.S!

But don't let that stop the point-scorers, congratulations on winning the Internet!

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 2

Â