Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

It wasn't media driven.  Gregg Evans has said that people from the club in portugal confirmed delph was going, Pete Colley said all his sources confirmed that he was going.  This was a done deal, i'm glad he changed his mind and i'm intrigued to know why.

I don't believe either of them have meaningful knowledge about anything. They talk to a few people at the club who hear the same things that we do.

Just like they know nothing about a takeover.

• Like 2

I am sorry. Not that I mugged off Delph, because it really would have been a career ending move.

I'm sorry that I believed the bloody press!

The press were right, as were SkyBet with their 1/10 odds on.

What odds were there on him staying?

Probably around 7/1, at a guess if he was 1/10 to leave.

Morals of the story:

- reserve judgment until ITSOTP

- stop believing the absolute shite spouted by the press unless it is reporting facts that have happened (key phrases to be doubtful of are "is set to", "sky sources", "rumoured to", "closing in on" and "preparing for talks" - combinations of these should be a huge red flag)

- Chill out a little bit

• Like 1

I think he had to genuinely stand at the cliff face and be handed the opportunity to change what he's got before realising 'I could be making a big career mistake' (albeit a good financial one).

• Like 1

It wasn't media driven.  Gregg Evans has said that people from the club in portugal confirmed delph was going, Pete Colley said all his sources confirmed that he was going.  This was a done deal, i'm glad he changed his mind and i'm intrigued to know why.

I don't believe either of them have meaningful knowledge about anything. They talk to a few people at the club who hear the same things that we do.

Just like they know nothing about a takeover.

It does link in with the club removing delph from the new kit pictures. And while I have little respect for Greg Evans i'm not sure he's going to get far by lying about people from the club confirming this news. 

I don't see why anyone should have to apologise for what they posted yesterday - Delph's done a 180, this isn't made-up B.S!

But don't let that stop the point-scorers, congratulations on winning the Internet!I don't see why anyone should have to apologise for what they posted yesterday - Delph's done a 180, this isn't made-up B.S!

But don't let that stop the point-scorers, congratulations on winning the Internet!

Obligatory "You can say that again".

• Like 1

Randy told him who the new buyer was... Delph immediately cancelled the deal with city. Well played Randy. Great parting gift ;)

Edited by KSV

i don't think he was ever going to leave,he may have talked to them but i don't think he'd be stupid enough to go there.stay here and have a great year and go to the euros and play well and he could join a really big club and not the plastic city one.

A massive U-Turn. Intrigued to know the reasoning why. Hopefully it'll be a sign of positive movement all round, and hopefully it is linked to Randy having a word and disclosing some info.

Feeling a whole lot more positive about the new season in comparison to last night now.

Â