Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I have 2 dishes here. Egg for the face or humble pie served ice cold. I'm going for egg on the face. It's all about the protein.

Unbe-f**king-lievable.

• Like 4

So the 8M clause was bullshit after all!!

What gives you that idea?

Because it makes no sense. If he wanted to stay why would he have a 8M clause in his contract? I said all those things about the club because of that clause. It's a ridiculous clause for a player that doesn't want to leave.

Secondly if there is a clause why aren't their bids coming in left right and centre for an England International. 8M is peanuts for such a player!

When bids come in we normally hear about it. I honestly don't believe any bid had been made.

Im not going to say delph is anymore loyal than he was before.

There was clearly interest or contract talks went pretty far. If not, the club marketing team or w/e you call them are a joke for taking him off kit pictures and all deserved to get fired (or shouted at).

Edited by gharperr

I have 2 dishes here. Egg for the face or humble pie served ice cold. I'm going for egg on the face. It's all about the protein.

Unbe-f**king-lievable.

I'll happily take them both. Glad I never criticised him though. You should all be ashamed of yourselves :)

There was clearly interest or contract talks went pretty far. If not, the club are marketing team or w/e you call them are a joke for taking him off kit pictures and all deserved to get fired (or shouted at).

Did they??

Because it makes no sense. If he wanted to stay why would he have a 8M clause in his contract? I said all those things about the club because of that clause. It's a ridiculous clause for a player that doesn't want to leave.

Secondly if there is a clause why aren't their bids coming in left right and centre for an England International. 8M is peanuts for such a player!

When bids come in we normally hear about it. I honestly don't believe any bid had been made.

Why have the clause? Because maybe his agent insisted on it, or maybe he was thinking about down the line rather than this summer. It might have been that he wanted to stay loyal as long as possible and give us another 2 years to see if we can turn things around, but when it came time to go he wanted it to be easier rather than more difficult?

The clause was then activated this summer when nobody thought it would be, delph had a chat with city to see what they were offering, and then decided that the original plan was the original plan?

We really don't know. There obviously IS a clause, because he was able to go talk to City

Unbe-f**king-lievable.

I'll happily take them both. Glad I never criticised him though. You should all be ashamed of yourselves :)

There was clearly interest or contract talks went pretty far. If not, the club are marketing team or w/e you call them are a joke for taking him off kit pictures and all deserved to get fired (or shouted at).

Did they??

i dont know haha...i just read a bunch of people moaning in this thread about it so assumed it was true? haha

Edited by gharperr

Amazing! Delph you are a hero. There is loyalty in football after all. We were led to believe it was a done deal! The arrogant media were thinking why would anyone turn down Man City to stay at Villa. I was absolutely gutted but this has restored my faith in football, Villa and humanity! Praise the Paul McGrath.

Why have the clause? Because maybe his agent insisted on it, or maybe he was thinking about down the line rather than this summer. It might have been that he wanted to stay loyal as long as possible and give us another 2 years to see if we can turn things around, but when it came time to go he wanted it to be easier rather than more difficult?

The clause was then activated this summer when nobody thought it would be, delph had a chat with city to see what they were offering, and then decided that the original plan was the original plan?

We really don't know. There obviously IS a clause, because he was able to go talk to City

How do we know he spoke to City? Where is the evidence the clause was activated?

Media in Manchester were set for Delph statement/interview etc. He had agreed personal terms and just needed to sort medical today, he didn't turn up and changed his mind overnight. Also been confirmed by a Villa journo that is in Portugal and spoken to people at Villa.

He was 100% set to join, the bid was accepted. I assume the £8m clause is only for a team in Europe, I think that would make sense.

Unbe-f**king-lievable.

Did they??

i dont know haha...i just read a bunch of people moaning in this thread about it so assumed it was true? haha

He is on the main photo mate! :)

How do we know he spoke to City? Where is the evidence the clause was activated?

Perhaps because they had interviews set up for him when he signed?

Â