Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to keep him - decent squad player for where we're at. Also a true one-club man (as in never been loaned out) which is so rare in football these days.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chap of Steel said:

Think he would do well in the Championship, and would be one of the few players I'd keep. 

Yep. I don't mind him at all. Depends how much money we have to spend, but if the new boss would rather do it in other areas, I wouldn't exactly be worrying about relegation with Clark/Baker/Okore. He's better than Lescott/Richards and I'd imagine on less money, so I'd be more concerned about shipping them out first.

Edited by kurtsimonw

3 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

From an interview with Toner the other week he discusses how Ciaran Clark was the one senior player who really talked to him and gave advice. He might not be a great centre half but he is a decent character which there is a serious shortage of at the club. If he wants to stay he should be kept, if he wants to leave he is replaceable but the leadership will be a loss.

Definitely sell him then. Don't want our kids taking advice from this chump :)

For £5m I would see him tomorrow. Won't hold out hope that he will suddenly be able to do the basics now he has dropped down a level.

Hideous footballer.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

So rumours he has 5m release clause in his deal now we're relegated which suggests a few of our higher profile players will also have similar clauses.

Personally I'd get shot if anything is stupid enough to pay 5m, he is a very mediocre CB in many aspects and the likes of him and Westwood playing 100 odd games for us over last 5 years sums up the declining standards of this club.

Rather get Okore back onside and keep him and Baker will be fine as back up. Get in two other CBs who know this league and we should be o.k.

Okore is shit

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Butterfingers said:

Yes, I thought this too-My feeling was that there must have been one or two stand out CB's in the division last season, we could put that £5mil plus some of the additional funding towards a better model

This

If we lose a lot of the current team and add a few million onto what we get each time £50m will go an awfull long way. I don't care if most of last year's squad could or couldn't make it in the Aston Villa founded football league or not. They are all tainted for me by last year's horror show and have a losing mentality. Every last one can go and I will she'd not a tear as long as we get a fee for the better ones. 

Don't think he'll be bad in the Championship, but I'd happily sell him for £5m.

We could replace him with a better Championship level CB for less than £5m

18 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

£5m would be decent value for everyone really, but he and Okore generally played their best football together and I wouldn't mind seeing them pair up next season.  

This....

14 hours ago, PieFacE said:

£5m for Clark? I'd take it. 

... but also this....

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

Will be kept busy this summer at the Euros.

He'll only be on the bench because every player is. He can't get into a terrible Irish team which says it all about how bad he is. Richard Keogh is ahead of him in the pecking order and people on here want to make him club captain? Jesus wept.

Â