Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, villa89 said:

He would be one of the first out the door if I had my way.

on ability I would agree but considering attitude of other players then he probably last I would let leave

I will say this for him, I thought he played reasonably well yesterday. As the guy said last page, no matter if we want to or not, we're not going to buy 25 new players this summer, so yes, I'd probably keep him (though with teeth much more gritted than this time last year). 

He's played well tonight and has been the leader at the back, I think he has gone backwards this season by having to take orders from Richards and I'd hope to see him as the leader at the back for us next season with Okore beside him.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

decent goal as well though shoddy defending. a clean sheet too he probably has no idea what that feels like

Yeah, Villa have fewer clean sheets than R Kelly

Once a chucklebrother always a chucklebrother

Championship player at best but not good enough to get us promoted imo 

He will get outmuscled in that division like he has done whenever i see him play

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

The fact he has never nailed down a permanent start for us and he is now 25 tells its own story. I don't think he is PL grade CB and I don't buy the centre back matures later argument either. On his day he is a good player but as a few have said he is very inconsistent. Having said that I think he will do ok for us in the Championship if he focuses in games.

Personally the couple of times in the last few years he has played as DM I think he has looked far better than at CB. He is actually quite a decent footballer especially when compared to say Baker who is an out and out stopper. Relieving him of some of his defensive duties helps him think a bit more about his game, IMO at least.

Too much of a headless chicken for me.

Loses his concentration far too often, acts rash, a bit weak and doesn't read the game well enough.

Still, there are other CB's at the club I see as more important getting rid off

Â