Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

in fairness Ireland be doing same from Granqvist ;) so 1-1 draw then

Granqvist is just one of our many many problems. All starting and ending with our manager Erik Hamrén who is 10 times the charlatan Tim Sherwood ever was.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sne said:

Granqvist is just one of our many many problems. All starting and ending with our manager Erik Hamrén who is 10 times the charlatan Tim Sherwood ever was.

I watch many a Sweden game(more than anybody should :P) and the man is a colossal moron, I have feared for weeks we will appoint him after the Euros  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sne said:

I know literally nothing about this, why don't you like him out of interest?

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I know literally nothing about this, why don't you like him out of interest?

Short answer: He is very much like a used car salesman, all talk no content.

Bit longer:

You could tell from the get go he was very naive/clueless when it came to tactics and still is. At first he tried so be the suave cool guy with the media and charmed them for a while, but as soon as he got questioned about things he kicked out like a spoiled child in a toy store, total tantrum.

He has his favorite players who he worked with as club manager and whom he'll play in no matter what. Because having them in the "group" improves his standing. Johan Elmander had to decline otherwise he'd still be going to the Euro's this summer.

Every change in personal has been forced upon him and he's never once been pro active about anything... Although he loves to change the defense around at every opportunity. 

I could go on for ever, but in short he has been carried by Zlatan his time for Sweden.

Look I've written almost an essay about this subject in an old blog I had where I actually likened him to Lambert and Benteke at Villa, but it's closed now so don't have it anymore.

Thankfully he's off after the Euro's and I say good riddance.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Clark is a weird one. Looks great on international duty, and good when paired with Okore, but pretty poor with anyone else. It's almost like he plays well when he has a decent partner next to him, and plays awful when his partner is a slow oaf who ball watches constantly. 

Or well when he isn't here.he isn't the first, and won't be the last, who we see that about.  Albrighton and Steve Davis say Hi.....

15 hours ago, sne said:

Short answer: He is very much like a used car salesman, all talk no content.

Bit longer:

You could tell from the get go he was very naive/clueless when it came to tactics and still is. At first he tried so be the suave cool guy with the media and charmed them for a while, but as soon as he got questioned about things he kicked out like a spoiled child in a toy store, total tantrum.

He has his favorite players who he worked with as club manager and whom he'll play in no matter what. Because having them in the "group" improves his standing. Johan Elmander had to decline otherwise he'd still be going to the Euro's this summer.

Every change in personal has been forced upon him and he's never once been pro active about anything... Although he loves to change the defense around at every opportunity. 

I could go on for ever, but in short he has been carried by Zlatan his time for Sweden.

Look I've written almost an essay about this subject in an old blog I had where I actually likened him to Lambert and Benteke at Villa, but it's closed now so don't have it anymore.

Thankfully he's off after the Euro's and I say good riddance.

he also has that constipated smile that looks like he did something important 

CBIYx6VXIAEfG6K.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

he also has that constipated smile that looks like he did something important 

CBIYx6VXIAEfG6K.jpg

Haha yes, or sharted his pants

donmartin.jpg  

Here's the cartoon version

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So rumours he has 5m release clause in his deal now we're relegated which suggests a few of our higher profile players will also have similar clauses.

Personally I'd get shot if anything is stupid enough to pay 5m, he is a very mediocre CB in many aspects and the likes of him and Westwood playing 100 odd games for us over last 5 years sums up the declining standards of this club.

Rather get Okore back onside and keep him and Baker will be fine as back up. Get in two other CBs who know this league and we should be o.k.

25 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Snap anyone's hands off who will pay £5mil for him, its another £5mil towards the war chest. There surely must be better value out there than Clark?

In isolation I agree, but if someone has to pay 5 m for Ciaran, what are the other options like?

7 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

In isolation I agree, but if someone has to pay 5 m for Ciaran, what are the other options like?

Yes, I thought this too-My feeling was that there must have been one or two stand out CB's in the division last season, we could put that £5mil plus some of the additional funding towards a better model.

I really do not like Clark-He has participated in too many loosing games and has been instrumental foe some absolute howlers that have proven costly. There is every chance that he still has time to improve and grow as a player but Sherwood was right about one thing-There was a loosing mentality amongst the players. It is probably better for him, as well as us to part ways, enabling him a clean slate to develop elsewhere.

I guarantee you when Moyes becomes manager Clark will be going nowhere.  He will give him the protection that any good manager does to his CB's.  There has been none for years at Villa.  Its no coincidence looks like a different player when playing for Ireland.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We have alot of players we should be in a rush to get rid of before him, definitely at the very least good enough for the championship, even if only as a squad player.

The issue is that he has a release clause of £5mil. Its not that we're looking to get rid, that decision may not be in our hands.

Â