Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It can't be a coincidence that most of there's players look much better with Okore next to them.

This

There will always be players you can always play alongside certain other players and get away with it.

Clark is one of these players

But cut him some slack and consider some of the S**t he's had to play alongside.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always pleased when Ciaran does well. Scoring a pretty goal, a game-winner, is always something to remember for a center back.

I don't really expect him to be any better than this, but I wouldn't rule out him being a first choice CB at Villa.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 2

If we drop down to league one maybe.

He shouldn't be anywhere near a premier league side or a team looking for promotion.

Very poor player and consistency has always been his problem.

1 good game (yesterday) he will follow it up with 4 absolutely woeful performances. That is Ciaran Clark.

You can just tell certain teams know he is a weak spot.

I'm happy to keep him as cover or the odd cup game but certainly don't want him starting league (championship or PL) games for us this season or next season.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ah this old argument. Benteke is shit, so is Delph, glad to be rid of them.

Clark may not be very good, I can accept that argument. He hasn't done enough to earn a nice to a better club sure, but outside of that the players he has had to play next to have very little to do with him.

It can't be a coincidence that most of there's players look much better with Okore next to them.

Lescott?

Wouldn't lose any sleep if we sold him...would imagine Baker would be more suitable to championship football especially as he's had a year at Bristol.

Okore and someone new with Baker and another cheap reserve is probably what I'd be looking for next year.

A couple of weeks ago I'd have taken CLark over Lescott.

But, despite his error against Leicester, I actually think Lescott has done pretty well the past couple of games. He and Okore seem to be the better partnership.

13 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Would I be alone in preferring him to Lescott?

I'd have him before Lescott but not at the moment. Lescott's been playing well and deserves to hold onto his spot. Is very slow though and it will more thank likely cost us at some point. But until it does let him fight for his spot along with Guzan and maybe when they get their next chance they'll take it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have always thought that a successful CB pairing consists of a leader and one willing to be led.

Lescott / Richards: Would Richards as captain (even as a CB rookie) take instructions from Lescott? Not a good combo.

Lescott / Okore: experienced, albeit slow leader, with a strong and agile understudy willing to be led. 

Clark / Okore last season wasn't too bad. I believe Clark needs to be calling the shots when he's playing. Okore has the physical attributes, but not the experience.

Richards / Clark: Rookie senior CB. Disaster from the outset. 

• 4 weeks later...
Â