Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesnt really play that often for Ireland, he only played in play-offs because of O'Shea suspension and WIlson injury and he was helped as Bosnia were woeful. Only other qualifiers he played was against Georgia and Gibraltar when again Wilson was out and then was replaced for big game by Keogh

On 12/29/2015 at 03:51, Zatman said:

of all the shit today I didnt think he was that bad

Apart from nearly gifting Norwich a goal by being caught in possession and being at fault for the second goal? He's dreadful.

• 3 weeks later...

Rescued from the bottom of page 3! 

Took the goal well, and dealt with the physical threat (what little of it there was) pretty well. He can do the agricultural things okay (EDIT: sometimes). 

However, he needs to be much faster and more accurate when distributing the ball with his feet. Several of his passes out to Richardson were behind the line of his run, forcing Richardson to slow down or stop. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

When he is confident he is a really quality CB as we saw for the majority of last season. Hopefully he can slowly get some of that confidence back and we can see him in contention again for a regular first team position.

It's nothing to do with confidence it's about ability and the ability of those he is up against. He just isn't good enough for the PL, I wouldn't even want him as first choice in the Championship because of how he struggles with strong forwards.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

It's nothing to do with confidence it's about ability and the ability of those he is up against. He just isn't good enough for the PL, I wouldn't even want him as first choice in the Championship because of how he struggles with strong forwards.

He looks a completely different player this season compared to last. Last season he looked strong, confident and assured in most areas. I think he can get back to that but may take a while.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think he's got plenty of natural ability. He's still "only" 26 and has been playing in a terrible team next to some dreadful full backs for most of his career.

There's still hope for him. I'd keep him, he's not one that lacks "desire".

but their is a reason for that

I think he's got plenty of natural ability. He's still "only" 26 and has been playing in a terrible team next to some dreadful full backs for most of his career.

There's still hope for him. I'd keep him, he's not one that lacks "desire".

but their is a reason for that

?

?

because he is shit, if he was half decent he would be playing in a better defence

Ah this old argument. Benteke is shit, so is Delph, glad to be rid of them.

Clark may not be very good, I can accept that argument. He hasn't done enough to earn a nice to a better club sure, but outside of that the players he has had to play next to have very little to do with him.

It can't be a coincidence that most of there's players look much better with Okore next to them.

12 hours ago, Bunnski said:

That was his 150th appearance for the club, glad he got an important goal to mark it.  

Cue a debate about who's our worst player to of played 150 times for the Villa...

Now that is an interesting question..........can only work off my lifetime of course but I'd have to say Darius Vassell I think, despite some good memories I remember being utterly frustrated with him, pretty similar to Gabby really but Gabby's scored a lot more goals.....

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Clark may not be very good, I can accept that argument. He hasn't done enough to earn a nice to a better club sure, but outside of that the players he has had to play next to have very little to do with him.

It can't be a coincidence that most of there's players look much better with Okore next to them.

he has played 9 league games this season and he cost us goals vs Watford, Spurs and Sunderland not to mention he was involved in defensive debacles that was Everton and Norwich

• Like 1

he has played 9 league games this season and he cost us goals vs Watford, Spurs and Sunderland not to mention he was involved in defensive debacles that was Everton and Norwich

Yes, I agree he's had a terrible season to this point. Most of them have.

Â