Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most get by with 4 with a sort of Herd utility style player or youth one filling the void as a 5th.

Arsenal- Kos, Mertasacker, Gabriel, Monreal = 4.

Liverpool- Skrtel, Sakho, Kolo Toure, Emre Can = 4.

Chelsea- Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Ivanovic = 4.

Man. United- Rojo, Smalling, Jones, Evans, Blackett, McNair 4 + 2 youth products.

Southampton = Alderwielder, Yoshida, Gardos, Fonte = 4.

Spurs = Kaboul (exiled), Dier, Vertonghten, Fazio.

Man. City- Kompany, Demichels, Mangala, Sagna.

So just the top 7 but most get by with three out and out CBs with a full back covering the void or in Man. United's case promoting two youth products.

The problem for us has always been Vlaar and Baker get at least 2 injuries per season that keep them out for a month so we always need four as a minimum plus Okore had been out for a full year also going into this season.

Would help if Vlaar's replacement isn't made of glass.

Monreal is a left back but i agree with the rest of the post, you have good knowledge

• 4 weeks later...

Would imagine he'll be o.k for pre season and will start next season as first choice.

I wouldn't be against Okore-Clark being the starting combo next season, they did well in large spells and seemed to click as a duo. Will probably get found out against the better teams but hey our level is lower half these days.

I certainly wouldn't be breaking it up by putting Richards in there anyway.

Wonder when the club will get around to negotiate a new contract for him. I understand he'll be entering his last year this season.

Clark is now very important to us.

His been offered a new contract and is set to sign soon from what I've heard.

Good move by Sherwood, keeps at it I hope

• Like 3

Wonder when the club will get around to negotiate a new contract for him. I understand he'll be entering his last year this season.

Clark is now very important to us.

His been offered a new contract and is set to sign soon from what I've heard.

Good move by Sherwood, keeps at it I hope

I suppose that means the injury is not that bad. I hope..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was shocked to read in Sunday People yesterday that Clark is set to leave Villa for Albion as Pulis is set to make a move (and of course Clark will be desperate to leave our sinking ship to rush to our mightly neighbours Albion!!) - disgraceful piece I thought .    If I knew how to post the article, I would but it was a bit about Benteke going to Liverpool and Clark to Albion!   It just makes me so mad.

I just can't believe that we'd accept an offer at a price they'd be willing to make, or that he'd want to go there, for presumably similar money and a less senior role in the team. 

It seems ludicrous to me, but I suppose anything can happen. We'd be mad to sell him though, how much have we sunk into his development throughout the years, just to sell him as he finally turns into a Premier League-quality defender. 

Â