Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a joke from WBA. Ciaran had a very good and much improved season, had built up plenty of premiership experience too over the last five or six years.

I am looking forward to him signing his new deal. He has started to fulfill his early promise at last and I hope he will continue to develop at The Villa!

• Like 1

Controversial but I don't think he or baker are good enough and I'd love a new cb

Even if we got a new CB, I wouldn't want us to sell Clark. He's a good 2nd/3rd/4th choice CB to have, especially as he's been here for years so knows the club inside out, not to mention he was one of our best players last season.

He was my player of the season, despite missing the end because of injury.

• Like 1

That is a joke from WBA. Ciaran had a very good and much improved season, had built up plenty of premiership experience too over the last five or six years.

I am looking forward to him signing his new deal. He has started to fulfill his early promise at last and I hope he will continue to develop at The Villa!

Totally agree, he improved out of sight last season and looks to have further upside as he matures, a week ago many people had him down as our new captain...  2m is an utterly derisory offer, wouldn't come close to buying a similar level cb for that kind of cash, and even though he is in the final year of his contract he seems happy at the club and hopefully resigns soon, not as if he need to cash in before he walks for free..

Best case he improves further this year and really stakes his claim as a starting cb, worse case he doesn't and we upgrade next summer but keep him around as a solid deputy / squad player.

If they came back offering 6m, maybe you'd think about it, but 2m geez what a joke....  We should go back to them and offer Nzogbia for 2m instead...

I'm not Clark's biggest fan but he really had a good season last year and was by far our best defensive player.

£2m is just insane for a player of his ability, even with a year left on his contract. The Bluenoses paid £2m for Ridgewell FFS!

Hopefully he'll sign a new contract and push on. No way should he be sold.

• Like 1

Both Clark and Baker should be staying. Albion can do one.

Hundred times this. Both Baker and Clark are done with their "clangers" period and are maturing into fine, fine PL defenders. If sold they're both very capable of doing a Gary Cahill.

• Like 2

£5million for one of the Chuckle Brothers - if true I'd snap their hand off. Appreciate others rate him but he's only got a year left on his contract.

Also think Pulis might make a decent defender out of him

Â