Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the fact people rate Clark nowdays just shows how shite we have become and how low our expectations are.

Not just ridiculously harsh on Clark but bashing the fanbase too.

Top work.  :thumb:

i just think the guy is a clown.

Still think the same?

The only reason you'd stick to your original harsh judgement is stubbornness at this point. We've all called Clark this and that at some point and a lot of the time he looked like a league 1 defender but this past few months he has been phenomenal there's no denying that.

Ever since Southampton at home where he partnered with Okore, he hasn't looked back. He's been in superb form and is now easily one of the first names on the team sheet, an incredible turnaround from him

Edited by Farlz

To me Clark's weakness was always his heading and aerial work. This season though his heading has been phenomenal. Nothing in the air gets past him.

Love his brutal tackling too. He's going to put someone in a coma one day.

With a bit of luck it'll be Craig Gardner :-)

• Like 2

Most improved player at this club that I can remember for a long long time, he's had his critics in the past and rightly so but this lad has developed into such an important player for us and not only that he is a leader you can see him dishing out orders on the pitch and it's refreshing to see. If we go down he will be snapped up I just hope that doesn't happen.

Clark's been in and out of favor with the fans more than Lambert was. Chuffed to see him playing so well - twenty-five is still young(ish) for a CB.

Hope that he and Okore remain first choice at the back, and show both improvement and, critically, consistency. 

Ways he's playing at the moment he has no obvious flaws to his game. - and no ones criticised him more than me in the past. I wonder if being so far down the pecking order relaxed him a little - instead of being tense about making a mistake - he just though 'fook it' - whatever hes playing very well now... 

We're still conceding from crosses though, Diouf headed goal, Cisse goal was from a cross, WBA scored from a corner and also missed a good one from a free kick so to me defending the high ball is the main weakness of the Okore-Clark combo as good as they've been.

I actually didn't think Clark was all that bad last season, apart from a poor performance at home to West Ham I thought he was much improved in his other games but it was still the thing to criticise him then.

think the issue with Clark(and Baker) in previous 2 seasons was that he was playing with Baker and both of them just cant play together. Beside Vlaar, Okore or Senderos and both of them have looked quite good at times this season.

Dont know if its because both are left footed but the other 3 defenders compliment them better

Â