Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved that he got pissed off at Given for not coming for a ball that Given should have taken. Just shows his leadership and maturity

Yep, had Given come closer, Clark could've headed the ball to him. When he didn't, Clark didn't take the chance, which was the right choice.

• Like 2

Why did he come off, is he injured or was it just for precaution?

Apparently he was a yellow away from suspension.

So I guess Vlaar isn't anywhere near ready for Swansea - Or TS would prefer KC to serve his ban away to one of the big boys - Who went CB to replace him ?

Have to do a complete 180 on this lad... He was awful the past couple of seasons but it seems those two years were his baptisms of fire and he has been firing on all cylinders this season...

Sorry for ever doubting you Ciaran... Keep it up lad...

• Like 1

So I guess Vlaar isn't anywhere near ready for Swansea - Or TS would prefer KC to serve his ban away to one of the big boys - Who went CB to replace him ?

Sanchez  :crylaugh:

Just thinking hypothetically here- Clark is one yellow away from 10 in total, and a two game suspension. So if he gets one against United or Spurs, he misses the Semi Final.

Do we want him to pick up a yellow against Swansea to avoid that? I mean, it seems somewhat likely he'll get one in one of the next three.

Our defenseman of the season for sure. Leader both vocally and by example. A great perfectly timed tackle again today to save us from a goal against.

If there's one thing I'd like him to change, it's that he still passes back to Guzan a tad too much. But that's a minor detail.

Have to do a complete 180 on this lad... He was awful the past couple of seasons but it seems those two years were his baptisms of fire and he has been firing on all cylinders this season...

Sorry for ever doubting you Ciaran... Keep it up lad...

Last year I thought this kid wasn't, and never would be good enough. I'm delighted to have be proven wrong.

Sanchez  :crylaugh:

Sanchez did well I thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just wondering why he has only 10 caps for the republic of Ireland. I know Oneill is such a terrible judge of a centre back having sold Gary Cahill and buying Curtis Davies but surely he should be a regular now in the Ireland side. 

O'Neill has preferred O'Shea(god knows why), Wilson and Keogh ahead of him and before that Trappatoni preferred St.Ledger who never let Ireland down and Dunne and O'Shea

as O'Neill is clueless I expect him to not play an in form Premier League defender in Clark ahead of O'Shea and Keogh

• Like 1

O'Neill has preferred O'Shea(god knows why), Wilson and Keogh ahead of him and before that Trappatoni preferred St.Ledger who never let Ireland down and Dunne and O'Shea

as O'Neill is clueless I expect him to not play an in form Premier League defender in Clark ahead of O'Shea and Keogh

Well there is no way you would drop O'Shea for his experience, Keogh had a great game in Glasgow a few months back, the back 4 on one team in training this week has been Coleman, JOS, Clark and Wilson so you may be wrong.

I fully agree that Clark should be starting by the way

Edited by Dirtysanchez

To be fair to Oneill, its only this season that Clark has finally established himself as a good cb

Yes and this. To be fair someone like Marc Wilson at Stoke has been regularly playing CB for a good year now so whether you rate him or not you can understand why Ireland would put him above Clark in the pecking order until now.

O'Shea is just in there for the experience really as it's quite a young back 4 without him.

Â