Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Avfc reject £2million bid for Clark from wba. - john Percy.

£2m is a disgusting offer

The 1 before the 2 must have been missing on the fax.

They need to add another 1 after the 2.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avfc reject £2million bid for Clark from wba. - john Percy.

£2m is a disgusting offer

The 1 before the 2 must have been missing on the fax.

They need to add another 1 after the 2.

£121 million? 

• Like 1

Controversial but I don't think he or baker are good enough and I'd love a new cb

A year ago I would have agreed but I thought both, Clark in particular made strides in their performances, Clark really seemed to man up, the aggression he showed, he was a big miss at the end of the season.

For me they've earned a place in tje squad, unless we have the funds to sign better replacements which I don't think we have

Edited by Jimzk5

Controversial but I don't think he or baker are good enough and I'd love a new cb

A year ago I would have agreed but I thought both, Clark in particular made strides in their performances, Clark really seemed to man up, the aggression he showed, he was a big miss at the end of the season.

For me they've earned a place in tje squad, unless we have the funds to sign better replacements which I don't think we have

I agree. I'd be happy going into the season with Richards, Clark and Baker, with Okore due back in Sept.

My only concern is the injury records of Okore and Baker.

If there are the funds to bring in a 1st teamer, the great, but not at the expense of Clark.

• Like 1

Needs a captain by his side, like gary cahill needs jt. Has passion but not leadership and without the experience of an organiser will be injury prone throughout his time at the club. 

Don't agree with this. He seems to flourish when given a leadership role. And he has had very few injuries.

Took a second look at your post, actually, as I wondered for a moment if you were talking about Clark, or somehow I had missed something.

Alongside the more experienced Vlaar, Clark seemed to play like a mistake was not too far away.

Alongside a more junior partner in Okore, the added responsibility he had seemed to improve his game massively.

He'll still make the odd mistake, of course he will, but IMO he's gone from one of the first names I wanted to offload to one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

His considerable improvement has made me try to be a bit more rational and patient about players before I write them off. I hope he continues to be a solid player for us.

• Like 4

I agree, sadly he is the best we have at the moment IMO, so I'd personally like a couple of new Center backs.

I still remember one of his first starts.. Kmac was in charge, it was milners last game... West ham at home. Clark marshalled that defence, telling everyone where to go and what to do. I thought we had a born leader coming through. Never seen him so authoritative since

I agree, neither are that good.

I can't help but think that Clark went up in a lot of peoples opinions for 'that' tackle but personally I'm still not convinced by him and I don't think he really improved all that much last season.

We could and should do better because his lapses of concentration will cost us goals again this season.

I wouldn't sell him for £2m but I'd take £5m and half their hand with it.

• Like 1

I think he went up slightly before that because he played a lot better than he did in previous seasons, he came in about November and was playing well albeit in a defensive system and that tackle was February I think it was

I think he needs to show it wasnt just a blip in his form because I can understand why people are sceptical about calling him our best defender

I can't help but think that Clark went up in a lot of peoples opinions for 'that' tackle but personally I'm still not convinced by him and I don't think he really improved all that much last season.

We could and should do better because his lapses of concentration will cost us goals again this season.

Whilst probably true, for me Clark is still currently our best CB (though I think long term Okore will be very good)

Says a lot about where the club finds its self player wise. 

• Like 1

Likewise. He's had a good 4 to 6 months in 3 years. Both him and Baker make too many mistakes and are not quick enough. Their lack of pace is also not made up of a good reading of the game. We need to have better players. 7m and he can go.

• Like 1

Likewise. He's had a good 4 to 6 months in 3 years. Both him and Baker make too many mistakes and are not quick enough. Their lack of pace is also not made up of a good reading of the game. We need to have better players. 7m and he can go.

We wouldn't get that for him with 12 months on a contract and WBA seemingly being the only club interested.

Â