Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

I think we should sing a chant for him at Wembley.

As new chants rarely seem to catch on, I've just come up with a straight-forward one... that even the simplest of Villa fans should be able to remember.

To the tune of 'Agadoo'.

Cia-ran Clark Clark Clark,

Ciaran Ciaran Ciaran Clark,

Ciaran Clark Clark Clark,

Ciaran Clark,

Ciaran Clark,

Ciaran Ciaran Ciaran Clark.

(then start again... initially at a slower tempo (like many of our chants seem to do)... CIA-RAN.. CLARK CLARK CLARK.... (you get the picture)).

....You can never have too many Ciaran Clarks.

• Like 3

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope to see Okore play on Sunday, wouldn't have made it to Wembley without him and Clark. Really bad news but hopefully we can get through it, player of the season for sure!

Edited by samjp26

Most get by with 4 with a sort of Herd utility style player or youth one filling the void as a 5th.

Arsenal- Kos, Mertasacker, Gabriel, Monreal = 4.

Liverpool- Skrtel, Sakho, Kolo Toure, Emre Can = 4.

Chelsea- Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Ivanovic = 4.

Man. United- Rojo, Smalling, Jones, Evans, Blackett, McNair 4 + 2 youth products.

Southampton = Alderwielder, Yoshida, Gardos, Fonte = 4.

Spurs = Kaboul (exiled), Dier, Vertonghten, Fazio.

Man. City- Kompany, Demichels, Mangala, Sagna.

So just the top 7 but most get by with three out and out CBs with a full back covering the void or in Man. United's case promoting two youth products.

The problem for us has always been Vlaar and Baker get at least 2 injuries per season that keep them out for a month so we always need four as a minimum plus Okore had been out for a full year also going into this season.

Would help if Vlaar's replacement isn't made of glass.

Edited by VillaChris

Most get by with 4 with a sort of Herd utility style player or youth one filling the void as a 5th.

Arsenal- Kos, Mertasacker, Gabriel, Monreal = 4.

Liverpool- Skrtel, Sakho, Kolo Toure, Emre Can = 4.

Chelsea- Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Ivanovic = 4.

Man. United- Rojo, Smalling, Jones, Evans, Blackett, McNair 4 + 2 youth products.

Southampton = Alderwielder, Yoshida, Gardos, Fonte = 4.

Spurs = Kaboul (exiled), Dier, Vertonghten, Fazio.

Man. City- Kompany, Demichels, Mangala, Sagna.

So just the top 7 but most get by with three out and out CBs with a full back covering the void or in Man. United's case promoting two youth products.

The problem for us has always been Vlaar and Baker get at least 2 injuries per season that keep them out for a month so we always need four as a minimum plus Okore had been out for a full year also going into this season.

Would help if Vlaar's replacement isn't made of glass.

Liverpool have also got Lovren, Spurs have Chiriches, Man City have Boyata, and Arsenal have Chambers. I would say most teams do have 5, but they definitely don't need to use them as frequently as we seem to.

Clark= 22 Premier League starts this season

Okore=18

Vlaar=14

Baker=7

Senderos=7

Oh god Vlaar and Okore are our only two center backs for the whole season now...Vlaar will likely get an injury then we will see Sanchez and Okore together.

Don't forget Senderos. And Matty!

• 4 weeks later...

I think we should sing a chant for him at Wembley.

As new chants rarely seem to catch on, I've just come up with a straight-forward one... that even the simplest of Villa fans should be able to remember.

To the tune of 'Agadoo'.

Cia-ran Clark Clark Clark,

Ciaran Clark,

Ciaran Clark,

Ciaran Ciaran Ciaran Clark.

(then start again... initially at a slower tempo (like many of our chants seem to do)... CIA-RAN.. CLARK CLARK CLARK.... (you get the picture)).

....You can never have too many Ciaran Clarks.

I like it, but you have appear to have missed an 'e' off his surname Edited by chappy

I voted Clark for player of the season. He's been quality throughout the whole season.

Me too, what a bummer he won't play in the final.

Thank you Ciaran for an excellent season!

If ever there was enough of a reason for our fans to give younger players (relative to their positions, Clark is young at his age for a first choice CB) a chance, rather than writing them off, and letting them actually grow as players, then Ciaran is it

Edited by P3te

.....not confident with any of the back 5 of any permutation.

Bit of a mess at the moment but hopefully put that right for the cup final. It's a real shame Clark won't start as I think he's a great partner for Okore, they seem to have a good understanding of where the other is and what positions to take up compared to Vlaar and Okore which just does not seem to work at all for some reason.

Â