Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark isn't going anywhere. He's made that spot at CB his own and he can take great pride in not only establishing himself, but seeing how bad our defense is without him in it. He is the rock holding it all together these days and the sooner he gets back to full fitness the better,

I can see after a few good months Clark has become a fans favourite. I hope it continues but I personally think he will be a 3rd, 4th choice defender and if he does get a spell starting it won't be long before you all turn on him.

Hope I'm wrong.

they were playing quite well together. In hindsight... Ron coming back distabilised our defence.
Nothing to do with the fact our team was totally set up to not concede goal?. I would like to see the points to minutes ratio between Vlaar and Clark out of interest.

Edit: I appreciate you are talking about the partnership but I think many are forgetting that their partnership coincided with one of our worst runs in history!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

No way should we even contemplate selling, I feel it would be another Gary Cahill all over again!

The big difference is Cahill looked better than Clark does now at 25 when he was around 19 years old! I'm not saying we should sell Clark but no way is he or ever will be on Cahill's level.

No way should we even contemplate selling, I feel it would be another Gary Cahill all over again!

The big difference is Cahill looked better than Clark does now at 25 when he was around 19 years old! I'm not saying we should sell Clark but no way is he or ever will be on Cahill's level.

I didn't even realise Clark was 25, but I see what you're saying, however maybe just a late bloomer? He has really started to progress.

I didn't even realise Clark was 25, but I see what you're saying, however maybe just a late bloomer? He has really started to progress.

He did look good last season but as I mentioned it before his run of games coincided with the most defensive set up I've ever seen. I'd like to see how he does in a more attacking team where he wouldn't have as much cover. The problem I always had with him was his lapse in concentration at times.

This could be a very big season for Ciaran. Will be one of our most experienced players and potentially our new captain. I think hes got it in him now to do really well.

(And what better time to play an absolute blinder than with your contract near expiration and a move to Man Citeh on the cards at the end of it! Why do we let our players get into these contract situations?)

Edited by Don_Simon

Â