The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

Daniel Levy can believe what he likes, he is wrong but nothing to stop him believing that. He can expect a call from the guys in white coats shortly though, as I think the heat has made him delusional.

I think it's more the Mirror playing fantasy football than Levy being quoted Neil. Utter toilet paper.

• Like 1

Truth is, we don't know how bad FFP problems are and we may still need to sell him for a £20m figure. But with the loan signing of a new keeper, and the apparent new contract for Chester, there's signs of life in us yet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Truth is, we don't know how bad FFP problems are and we may still need to sell him for a £20m figure. But with the loan signing of a new keeper, and the apparent new contract for Chester, there's signs of life in us yet. 

Don't worry, jerknalists  © Dr Tony Xia, won't let the facts get in the way.

1 hour ago, Hoof hearted said:

Wow, the Mirror really, really want Jack to join Tottenham don't they?! words removed.

If its just the mirror then thats good. ?Remember we had Henry set to manage us two days ago. ?

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I am sure we will have to sell Jack but we can afford to wait a little longer as we don't need cash to pay bills. Levy obviously thinks no one else is going to come in and he can wait till the last minute and we will take whatever offer we can get.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

January is probably the better time for us to sell in all honesty. If the owners have any belief that Bruce can get us promoted this year, then I think they should let him have Grealish for 6 months and assess where we are at that point. If we're second and looking strong, it may be worth just hanging on to him and they may want to gamble promotion. Alternatively, if we're mid table it will be clear that promotion isn't really likely so they can start thinking about a rebuild. 

I see your point. I have little expectation of a promotion push this season (naturally pessimistic!) and think we are at our strongest now in regards to getting best price for Jack as opposed to a take it or leave offer in Jan when we will have little choice but to accept.

However, I can see both sides of the argument here, mate, and until we get some more clarification from NSWE on their plans I guess its a case of watch this space...

• Like 1

The Mirror is almost as annoying as Levy. Neither seem to be able to get it through their thick skills that we are considerably richer than the mighty Spurs are now and that our new overlords didn't get where they are today by being taken for mugs by vultures like Levy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

Worth paying if we go up.

I don't get this to be honest. We already gambled once and few weeks ago the club looked doom and gloom more than ever. There were talks of club winding down. How could anyone want to gamble again.

2 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

I don't get this to be honest. We already gambled once and few weeks ago the club looked doom and gloom more than ever. There were talks of club winding down. How could anyone want to gamble again.

The club looked doom and gloom because the owner was broke. Not any more.

• Like 1

And a transfer embargo that comes into play 4 years later? Pretty lenient. Get up, have a long drawn out dispute for half a decade and pay a £17m fine over 10 years. Is this the level FFP is setting the bar? Or do they think things are going to be a lot more strict from here on out? 

3 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

In order to be promoted we sort of have to gamble really. Every transfer is a gamble of some sort and we know last season's team wasn't quite good enough so we have to address that. That means gambling to some degree surely?

• Like 2

Keeping Jack is simple. Sell McCormack and Lansbury and BB and Elphick and Tshibola and Gardner and Richards and Hogan - thats about £15m in wages there - just get £25m back between the 8 of them and we're home and dry.

Making a fanfare about keeping Chester is great but we all have him second on our must keep list don't we? Why not start it off with keeping Jack?

No one will be happy if he leaves and I hope we offer him a new contract and he goes on to own the No.10 shirt like Cowans before him.

Realistically as others keep saying though, he's the most obvious way out of any financial mess and buying clubs know it.

5 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

I think some fans are going to be disappointed because I don't think Sawiris or Edens have any intentions to spunk £40m in fines!

They won't need to as they use their extensive contacts to move money into the club via legitimate means. 

• Like 3

Â