The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Teachers pet - Bruce is the teacher. Grealish and Bruce love each other  

say no more - The love for each other means he’s sticking around. 

Up the Villa. 

Maybe I am reading too much into it, and others on Twitter. ?‍♂️

The way you wrote it I read it as: 'Teachers pet, say no more up the villa.' Like a less eloquent Yoda has stopped saying up the Villa. That didn't seem good. 

'Teachers pet—say no more. Up the Villa.' Would be a completely different and much more positive reading! At least Jack is one Villa fan who seems to like Bruce. 

• Haha 2

Ringo kept saying he wasn't leaving so if true kudos to him.

Massive statement of intent if Grealish stays.

Been waiting on confirmation before getting my shirt with Grealish on the back of it.

Edited by striker

I think it's very interesting Jack continues to start every pre season game. Surely if Bruce was confident he was likely to leave, he wouldn't be structuring his team around him? You'd want to see the remaining players and give them the match time. The result isn't important in pre season beyond minor confidence boost which can easily go out the window in the first game so there's no reason to play the best 11. Bruce is experienced enough to recognise that. It's about forging a system which you intend to use for the season ahead, gaining fitness and seeing where the players who haven't played much are at. It's not like we have another player that can fit into that role naturally (as far as I'm aware). There's no point in playing a system with him in it unless they've got a similar target lined up. I'd like to think so but his skillset is fairly unique, so unfortunately I doubt it. Or alternatively, they actually reckon he's staying! Here's hoping!

48 minutes ago, striker said:

Ringo kept saying he wasn't leaving so if true kudos to him.

Massive statement of intent if Grealish stays.

Been waiting on confirmation before getting my shirt with Grealish on the back of it.

Don’t mate because even if he stays this window if promotion isn’t on the cards he’ll be off Jan. 

1 hour ago, praisedmambo said:

The way you wrote it I read it as: 'Teachers pet, say no more up the villa.' Like a less eloquent Yoda has stopped saying up the Villa. That didn't seem good. 

'Teachers pet—say no more. Up the Villa.' Would be a completely different and much more positive reading! At least Jack is one Villa fan who seems to like Bruce. 

Apologies. I wrote it word for word from the post. Should have edited it to make sense!

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Don’t mate because even if he stays this window if promotion isn’t on the cards he’ll be off Jan. 

I don't necessarily believe that.

I think these New to be Owners could change all that.

When these guys get to grips with things our profile will change hopefully....Jack will be privvy to all that.

He may choose to hang around and see the fairy lights go up.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Aye that could be a possibility. Hutton it is then.?

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't necessarily believe that.

I think these New to be Owners could change all that.

When these guys get to grips with things our profile will change hopefully....Jack will be privvy to all that.

He may choose to hang around and see the fairy lights go up.

Nah mate career’s are short if we get this season it’s him giving us a chance out of his love for the club

I've just re-watched the Wolves game. 

Jack so so immense, totally dominated the game.  He's a properly good player. Will without question play for England. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Will without question play for England. 

100% guaranteed. Hopefully he'll get a call up due to Villa getting to the Premier League, but if we don't he'll get that call up at Spurs, United, City or wherever else he winds up.

I think Bruce has been given simple clear guidelines by the new owners." Don't talk to the press unless the info you give has been cleared by us first".

The news about "none of our players are for sale", was designed to make sure that potential buying clubs understand that we want full market value before agreeing any sales.

If Spurs want Jack it will cost them close to thirty million. If they balk at that price we're happy to wait until January to sell him. If we have to take less than our full valuation then January is when that will happen, just a couple of months before our FFP accounting is scrutinised.

We have to fill in the FFP gap, and selling a key asset is still the obvious way to do it.

Â