The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Though I suspect he's hoping to leave right now.

Why would you suspect that? There has been absolutely no hint or comment or body language suggesting that.

The only single indication he might leave are London newspapers stirring it.

I am just genuinely curious why you would deep down think he wants to go? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why would you suspect that? There have been absolutely no hint or comment or body language suggesting that.

The only single indication he might leave are newspapers stirring it.

I also find it bizarre while laughable.

Sounds like Spurs fans still trying to Justify that he's still coming, or the press still praying he leaves.

Bunch of muppets!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why would you suspect that? There has been absolutely no hint or comment or body language suggesting that.

The only single indication he might leave are London newspapers stirring it.

More money, premier league football, champions league football, better chance of getting in the England team, he will be looking at players like Dele Alli who he's good mates with and thinking "that could be me". 

He would be crazy to not want to go really looking at it objectively.  I hope to god he doesn't though.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Very much hoping he signs a new contract. Though I suspect he's hoping to leave right now.

The only "Jack wants to leave" quotes are from the biased London press and they've just made them up to appease their Spuds readers

Take no notice of them, they know nothing. Jack's staying and that's that. They'll have to start a new rumour about a new player. Palace beware it's your turn now!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

All things considered with our current situation would selling him with a season long loan back be the ideal outcome?

Absolutely not!! FFP will be sorted, we will have switched on accountants now, no need to sell stars!

• Like 2

Taking my claret and blue spectacles  off surely if you were Grealish you would move to Spurs. It would be a move up at present plus his contract would probably be at least tripled. 

I know how much he is and is family is connected to the club but money usally does talk in the end.

However I am hoping against hope that we can somehow keep him for another year.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Taking my claret and blue spectacles  off surely if you were Grealish you would move to Spurs. It would be a move up at present plus his contract would probably be at least tripled. 

I know how much he is and is family is connected to the club but money usally does talk in the end.

Levy is a penny pincher. Kane, Vertonghen, and Eriksen were on like 50-60k for years. It took them numerous seasons of proving themselves just to get to 100k a week. Grealish is probably making decent pay here, and if he re-signs, I'd imagine he will be on 40k here. I highly doubt Levy would give Grealish more than 50k. 

Only moving factor for Grealish would be exposure and championship football, but even then, he is not a guaranteed starter, and I think at this point in Grealish's career, he needs to be playing each week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Levy is a penny pincher. Kane, Vertonghen, and Eriksen were on like 50-60k for years. It took them numerous seasons of proving themselves just to get to 100k a week. Grealish is probably making decent pay here, and if he re-signs, I'd imagine he will be on 40k here. I highly doubt Levy would give Grealish more than 50k. 

Only moving factor for Grealish would be exposure and championship football, but even then, he is not a guaranteed starter, and I think at this point in Grealish's career, he needs to be playing each week. 

I know he loves Bruce, but playing under Pochettino would make him realise his potential a lot quicker imo.  I also think he'd get a much better deal than £50k a week.  Still, I hope he stays but I think his heart would be ruling his head if he did.

33 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If they get him on the cheap, there is no commitment to him....If they pay the going rate or premium price....there is more chance he will be treated seriously.

My hunch is he will stay where he is, because I don't think Spurs are sufficiently committed to him, hence the low balling....I could be wrong, but its my guess.

Unless they come up with an attractive offer I would say he will stay with us....but trying to get a replacement, who can run with the ball, will be very expensive.

I understand he wants to stay, but there is that much speculation its hard to tell.....I think he will be central to us having any chance of promotion.

35 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

How are we to give Jack a new contract if he stays? We are sailing dangerously close to breaking FFP, and if we don't sell him I can't see how we could afford to give him premier league wages for yet another season in the championship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Gotta ride this out for one more week :lol: 

Ok lads, time to put call forwarding on our phone lines at the club. Re-direct all calls to the Mexican talking clock for the next week. That should do the trick. 

Â