The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Hmmm... I think Jack would rather Bruce to be honest. If we get Henry and he fails badly which is a really likely scenario, then we will be back to changing managers every year, which won't be good for Jack's development.

More likely than Bruce fails again? I dont think so. Whenever I have heard Thierry speak about football, he has sounded like he knows a thing or two.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

More likely than Bruce fails again? I dont think so. Whenever I have heard Thierry speak about football, he has sounded like he knows a thing or two.

I guess it's all going to depend on what the new owners will determine failure as. I can see Henry being an epic failure like Gary Neville. Though I don't see Bruce being that bad.

Though in the same breath, Henry has potential be better than Bruce. It's all a gamble, which is something Jack is going to have to consider.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yes and no, bruce was finally the manager who gave him a free role in the middle and gave him the chance to shine, the thing being it was hardly genius, you could see it from the start he was getting wasted on the left, even bruce himself misused him for half a season playing him out there and dropping him for away games etc

maybe some of this maturing that most of us would thank john terry for was more bruce? we will never know that level of info

The turn around in Jacks fortunes/performances came as a direct result of Steve Bruce deploying a dedicated coach Olly to work on Jacks strength....They worked specifically on that during his rehabilitation period from his damaged Kidney.

Jack was always talented but went to ground too easily and his work was easily negated by opponents out muscling him.....Bruce helped him fix that.

Jack is very supportive of the work/effect Steve Bruce has had on him, so let's give a bit of credit where credit is due.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

When I talk about football I sound as though I know a thing or two... put me in charge of a football club and it would be a different story...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

When I talk about football I sound as though I know a thing or two... put me in charge of a football club and it would be a different story...

Absolutely spot on.

Give any one of us a day in the managers job ....and a big pile of nervous poo would be in evidence at Body moor Heath.

We can all talk a good fight......The pundits on Sky etc.are very eloquent in their summaries.....being the manager is a whole different ball game.

I said in here before the Henry Ford quite........." Its not about what you know, its more about what you do"

Action really does speak louder than words.

It is easy to get seduced by big Names in football.

There is a pragmatic element of being a football manager and many things we do not see that come together and form that overall stature.

Experience seems to be a word some pour scorn on and under play it and others find essential/crucial.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

Absolutely spot on.

Give any one of us a day in the managers job ....and a big pile of nervous poo would be in evidence at Body moor Heath.

We can all talk a good fight......The pundits on Sky etc.are very eloquent in their summaries.....being the manager is a whole different ball game.

I said in here before the Henry Ford quite........." Its not about what you know, its more about what you do"

Action really does speak louder than words.

Jamie Carragher says "kghrrrrrrrrr La" .

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Fancy being coached by Thierry Henry, Jack? I know I would fancy a bit of that at my beloved Villa. 

He'd probably prefer the guy who's gotten the best form of his career out of him.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think Bruce going will be enough for Jack to accept Spurs deal

He loves Bruce look at his reaction to Cardiff goal ran straight to bench to celebrate

He also ran straight to Sherwood to celebrate a goal once, doesn't really mean all that much in the long term. 

But I do agree, I think if Bruce goes it could convince Jack to go. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

He also ran straight to Sherwood to celebrate a goal once, doesn't really mean all that much in the long term. 

But I do agree, I think if Bruce goes it could convince Jack to go. 

Well he loved Sherwood too for also trusting him and took him 2 years get his act together when he left

Now he is more mature i imagine he will take step up if we change manager

5 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

I would say yes, very much more likely that Henry fails than that Bruce does. 

Jack wants to go. Dont believe because hes a fan he wants to stay. Think of it logically.

Spurs are competing for Premier League. They are in the CL. He could play with Kane Deli Ali (young englishmen around his age) Son etc. 

Pochettino probably one of the best young managers around.

Get into the England squad. 

Probably triple his wages from 20-25k to 60-65k. 

As apposed to playing in the Championship for his boyhood club with bang average players and we face FFP issues. 

I think Henry coming in as manager would help as im sure he would have watched Henry growing up.. Belgium players ie Lukaku was saying what a massive influence he was. 

Realistically.. Jack... you would be mad not to goto Spurs. I think his head has been turned. FFP was a great excuse for him to leave as a saviour of our club too in a way. He can go and avoid a Barry situation in the future. 

11 minutes ago, KSV said:

Jack wants to go. Dont believe because hes a fan he wants to stay. Think of it logically.

Spurs are competing for Premier League. They are in the CL. He could play with Kane Deli Ali (young englishmen around his age) Son etc. 

Pochettino probably one of the best young managers around.

Get into the England squad. 

Probably triple his wages from 20-25k to 60-65k. 

As apposed to playing in the Championship for his boyhood club with bang average players and we face FFP issues. 

I think Henry coming in as manager would help as im sure he would have watched Henry growing up.. Belgium players ie Lukaku was saying what a massive influence he was. 

Realistically.. Jack... you would be mad not to goto Spurs. I think his head has been turned. FFP was a great excuse for him to leave as a saviour of our club too in a way. He can go and avoid a Barry situation in the future. 

Right. New rule, KSV is not allowed to speak to Jack Grealish ever

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Why? Its not like Bruce has succeeded, has he?

There are 20 positions in the league lower than the one Bruce finished in last season. 

My prediction is that Thierry Henry will finish in one of those. 

• Like 3

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

There are 20 positions in the league lower than the one Bruce finished in last season. 

My prediction is that Thierry Henry will finish in one of those. 

IF TH is appointed, then yes, he probably will. I think promotion is possible, but unlikely. We need to think longer term. 

Â