The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Odd Grealish playing tonight when he is "imminently" signing for Tottenham. You would have thought a minimum requirement during negotiations would be him not to play eh? 

I doubt there are any negotiations taking place given Levy values the player a lot lower than we do. We don't need to accept a derisory offer any longer it one is eventually made by Spurs. 

• Like 1

I’m hoping now that the only we he could leave is if someone paid what the club deem “an offer too good to refuse”. In that case, I can’t see anyone, especially Spurs, paying such a fee e.g. 35m+ and he should be with us for the season.

Just hoping he will be offered and sign a new contract because him being in the last year of his contract would be a bad situation for us.

• Like 2

FWIW Jack’s brother Kevan (who used to post on VT) liked the avfc official tweet about Bruce staying. He’s also liked some other pro Bruce tweets.

That would lead me to assume that the Grealish family think highly of Brucey.

Well Bruce is really the first manager to get a consistent period of Jack's best form out of him. He's had good games under all managers but had an exceptional run over a period of months last season under Bruce. 

My guess is head has been turned. Must be difficult to come to terms with the fact that you're going to be playing in the Champions League only to have to remain in the Championship. Villa fan or not, everyone is ambitious too. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Need to get over this over reliance on Jack in games.  We are getting so 1 dimensional at times looking for him at every opportunity.

Yep I agree. Jack is superb but all the other players have become almost lazy, no ambition to play attacking forward thinking balls. Just side to side or give it to Jack and watch.

Not jack's fault but unless Bruce can drastically change that mindset (he almost encourages it with his formations TBF) then we may actually be a better team if Jack moves on. Would push our midfielders and attackers to try and be a bit more expansive and cohesive in the long term. At the moment JG is doing it all by himself

Edited by ramshackler
  • Like 2

I know it’s only a friendly but as someone mentioned Jack looks good for us because the rest of the team are so average. Yet if he was in that West Ham team he would not have looked anything special at all.  Just another player. 

Is he too good for the Championship and a Premier League player? Yes he is. 

Is he worth 30 million and will be a massive player for England? I’m not so sure.

Unless he requests a move and an agreement is reached with a Premier league club. I don’t think he is going anywhere. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I'd be looking to move if I was Jack.
That formation, team and system last night was embarrassing. Some of our players are mid-table championship level at best.

I genuinely think we'll be f***** this season without him. We're rubbish.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'd be looking to move if I was Jack.
That formation, team and system last night was embarrassing. Some of our players are mid-table championship level at best.

I genuinely think we'll be f***** this season without him. We're rubbish.  

We always look crap when Kodija plays. The team just doesn't function when he is playing as our striker.  Shame (but no surprise) that nobody has been linked with him. 

As for Grealish. We were rubbish last season until he returned from injury. I don't think he is as good as a lot of fans think, but to us at this moment in time he is priceless and irreplaceable. I think he will go because surely he will want to play in the premier league but pray that he doesn't. Losing him and Chester would be a total disaster. We'd struggle to make the top half without both of them.

Also, a lot of people seem to have forgotten just how many points Sam Johnstone preserved for us last season. I would go so far as to say we wouldn't have made the play offs without his contribution. We know Bunn is nowhere near that level, we can only hope that Jed Steer can become a star for us. Can't see us getting away with so many of those jammy 1 goal wins this season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

I hope he stays. How far off is Jack from England consideration?

About 110 miles down the M6/M1. :( Jack is going nowhere unless we receive the sort of bid that no club seems prepared to make for him. He is not the sort of player to do a Dwight Yorke and stop performing to get a move. He's one of our own who will stay where his talent is most appreciated for another season (I hope)...

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

FWIW Jack’s brother Kevan (who used to post on VT) liked the avfc official tweet about Bruce staying. He’s also liked some other pro Bruce tweets.

That would lead me to assume that the Grealish family think highly of Brucey.

Even Jack liked it on instagram, hopefully the situation is that we could keep.

Remember Delph didnt only liked a post, but he said he wont get out of the club. At the end we knew what has happened.

57 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

We always look crap when Kodija plays. The team just doesn't function when he is playing as our striker.  Shame (but no surprise) that nobody has been linked with him. 

As for Grealish. We were rubbish last season until he returned from injury. I don't think he is as good as a lot of fans think, but to us at this moment in time he is priceless and irreplaceable. I think he will go because surely he will want to play in the premier league but pray that he doesn't. Losing him and Chester would be a total disaster. We'd struggle to make the top half without both of them.

Also, a lot of people seem to have forgotten just how many points Sam Johnstone preserved for us last season. I would go so far as to say we wouldn't have made the play offs without his contribution. We know Bunn is nowhere near that level, we can only hope that Jed Steer can become a star for us. Can't see us getting away with so many of those jammy 1 goal wins this season.

If he leaves it will be for a team like Fulham. I reckon Spurs only wanted him on the cheap. 

As for Johnstone I think he is a lot better than steer.  Would have expected him to save that second goal yesterday. 

I fear for our keeper situation. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PieFacE said:

If there's any consolation to Bruce staying, I think it will be that Jack is more likely to stay.

Don’t know why. Bruce doesn’t play young players and certainly not ones who like the ball at their feet. Jack knows this and will be off. 

1 hour ago, ViewFromT2 said:

We always look crap when Kodija plays. The team just doesn't function when he is playing as our striker. 

I couldn't agree more.  I'm also sick of his poor attitude, which was very obvious last night.  He is too busy wrestling, shirt-pulling and flinging his arms about to affect the game.  I laughed last night when at one stage he pulled his own shirt by way of complaint to the referee.

As the ball comes towards him, you can actually see that his priority is the player marking him rather than getting to the ball and moving it on.

• Like 1

Â