The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

25 minutes ago, KSV said:

Jack wants to go. Dont believe because hes a fan he wants to stay. Think of it logically.

Spurs are competing for Premier League. They are in the CL. He could play with Kane Deli Ali (young englishmen around his age) Son etc. 

Pochettino probably one of the best young managers around.

Get into the England squad. 

Probably triple his wages from 20-25k to 60-65k. 

As apposed to playing in the Championship for his boyhood club with bang average players and we face FFP issues. 

I think Henry coming in as manager would help as im sure he would have watched Henry growing up.. Belgium players ie Lukaku was saying what a massive influence he was. 

Realistically.. Jack... you would be mad not to goto Spurs. I think his head has been turned. FFP was a great excuse for him to leave as a saviour of our club too in a way. He can go and avoid a Barry situation in the future. 

Jack will sign a new Villa Contract next week. And he aint'ent mad. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There are 20 positions in the league lower than the one Bruce finished in last season. 

My prediction is that Thierry Henry will finish in one of those. 

Still Bruce should have finished 2 or 3 positions higher than what he did.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KSV said:

Realistically.. Jack... you would be mad not to goto Spurs. I think his head has been turned. FFP was a great excuse for him to leave as a saviour of our club too in a way. He can go and avoid a Barry situation in the future. 

Are you on some sort of bet or commission if Grealish leaves?

Jack is staying!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There are 20 positions in the league lower than the one Bruce finished in last season. 

My prediction is that Thierry Henry will finish in one of those. 

All smacks of the Zola appointment down the road. (If there’s any truth in it.)

Jack wont get in the Spuds team at the moment . He has had half a good season, not scored that many goals, not created that many goals,   BUT, he has the ability to turn into a very good player, maybe a new Gazza, but he has to play, and develop, he wont do that at Spuds, so if he moves now, I believe it could knock him back to a position from which he wii never recover from.

Think SWP, Joe Cole, Izzy Brown......moved too soon, never developed

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

More likely than Bruce fails again? I dont think so. Whenever I have heard Thierry speak about football, he has sounded like he knows a thing or two.

Well there’s that binary choice again. Both Brouters and Henouters use that idea.

But, just like Bruce didn’t just “ fail”.....he had successes and failures, Henry ( or whoever) won’t just “succeed” or “fail”. 

The new owners will want many things from their Manager. Whoever it is will achieve some and not others, and all to a greater or lesser extent.

8 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Think SWP, Joe Cole, Izzy Brown......moved too soon, never developed

nearly 300 games for Chelsea and multiple trophies. hard say he didnt develop

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

nearly 300 games for Chelsea and multiple trophies. hard say he didnt develop

Wasted though. Played most of that out on the wing. Chelsea treated him like England treated Scholes! Great career, but could have been more.

1 minute ago, MrDuck said:

Wasted though. Played most of that out on the wing. Chelsea treated him like England treated Scholes! Great career, but could have been more.

where could he have played at Chelsea. Lampard played similar position and was more athletic in a 433 and Cole wouldnt get ahead of him

Ross Barkley would be better example.

Think Jack will get decent amount of games at Spurs but hard to see him getting ahead of Son or Dele Alli on regular basis.

Can see him coming back to us on loan if we go up next season, similar to Zaha and Palace.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

where could he have played at Chelsea. Lampard played similar position and was more athletic in a 433 and Cole wouldnt get ahead of him

For sure. Still feel he was wasted though.

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lampard being there was the issue of him being limited. ?

5 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

So there is a Villa itk called 'The Journalist' ??on a spurs forum saying this deal is definitely going ahead. Ok, who is winding up the spuds fans??

"What shall we troll them with next, John?"

""Send a tweet tagged 'COYS', Jack, that'll get 'em going something fierce. ?"

4221396001_5689072126001_5689057571001-v

• Like 1

Odd Grealish playing tonight when he is "imminently" signing for Tottenham. You would have thought a minimum requirement during negotiations would be him not to play eh? 

Â